ADA STD-1 cloning help

Started by dj_death, November 26, 2006, 03:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenGiles

Quote from: puretube on December 02, 2006, 05:50:18 AM

the pin 13 of a 4047 will put out a not-neccessarily symmetrical (concerning duty-cycle)
clock of twice the frequency of pins10&11, the latter being the wanted frequency in the "ADA".
:icon_wink:

[EDIT]: a minor drawback is the price of the 4041 compared to hex-inverters,
and its not-so-widely-spread availability...  :icon_sad:
What would it take to make the pin 13 output symetrical?, says he listening to Clive Gregson & Christine Collister in January 1987 at the Twickenham Folk Club. :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes: :icon_rolleyes:

"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

puretube

I`m really thankful for pointing out this 4041 chip!
- haven`t had the time yet to check the usual suspects`data sheet in depth,
but IIRC, each single one of the 8 (!) 4041 outputs has 3-4 times the drive capability
of each single one of the 6 4049/-69`s...

(and: yes, I`ve done some scope-ing recently,
of those hexes up to 4MHz with capacitive loads,
and had already decided to make some discrete BJT driver instead...
- but now I wanna watch what the 4041 does with the HF squares at its input...  :icon_wink:)

puretube

Stephen:
it just takes the flipflop already built in in the 4047
(located between pin13, and pins 10&11).
Makes 2 absolutely symmetrical outputs, of complementary phase - perfect!

(and if you want the high (double) frequency of pin13:
just halve the cap`s value, and you got that samefrequeny on pins 10&11...)

StephenGiles

Yes, but using an external flipflop like say a 4013, we could also have a second pair of symmetrical outputs at twice the frequency to drive a second BBD for some fun!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

puretube

StephenGiles

Yes, I realised that when I woke up this morning without reading your answer!!! Bloody hell Ton you were up early this morning, we've only just finished breakfast. I meant of course to suggest a flip flop which doesn't half the frequency, or is that impossible?