Quick Phase 45 (vero layout) question

Started by RicF, December 11, 2005, 07:48:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RicF

Sorry to waste bandwidth on this but I'm building a Phase 45 on Torchy's vero layout w/ vibe mods. I haven't started trying to get it to phase properly yet, but when I hook it up, sound comes through (no effect). But, the Rate LED never blinks, no matter what I do with the speed knob. I was thinking the rate LED should show the rate even if I don't have a set ot match transistors in place (or any transistors at all). Is this true? I want to make sure I don't have some fundamental problem before I go any further.

smccusker

Guitar -> Amp

RicF

I don't think so. It lights up, it just doesn't pulse at all, and I'm not sure if it should or not. I get sound out of the pedal throughout the mix rotation, just no effect.

smccusker

yeah with no fets in the circuit that's normal behavior (getting signal but no effect i mean).

the led should definitely pulse in sync with the oscilator, which means that if it turns on, but doesnt pulse, then a) the led is wired incorrectly or b) something funny is going on with the lfo.
I would suggest posting readings of the ic's, diode, and fets. someone will be able to help you pinpoint the problem.
Guitar -> Amp