Question about the easyvibe

Started by mat, November 28, 2005, 04:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat

schem: http://www.geofex.com/PCB_layouts/Layouts/easyvibe.pdf

I was told today (by someone who has built several univibe clones) that it might be possible to the easyvibe to sound more like the original univibe if the leds rise times would be faster than the down time (simulating the behaviour of the  filament of the lamp). Would there be a way to make this possible one on the easyvibe ?

mat

Jaicen_solo

I believe that the Easyvibe LFO is designed to simulate this already.
I think it's as close as you can get without building an actual Univibe!

mat

Quote from: Jaicen_solo on November 28, 2005, 04:23:20 PM
I believe that the Easyvibe LFO is designed to simulate this already.
I think it's as close as you can get without building an actual Univibe!

Oh, ok. Anyway it would be cool to be able to somehow adjust the rise and fall times.. I really don't have the faintest idea how to achieve this kind of controls  :icon_redface:

mat

markphaser

"adjust the rise and fall times"

To adjust the rise and fall times of the Lamp? or LFO?

The LDR's in the univibe had a resistance range which is different than any other clone's i forgot what the resistance range were

The Lamp in the univibe had more of a pulse throbbing effect from the rise time(charging time of the filament) and the fall time discharge time of the filament thats the special univibe lamp

The Spacing inside the Lamp and LDR's box how far the Lamp and LDR's are makes a big difference because LDR's change from the light to dark so if the lamp is far away( we are talking in the millimeters) or closers to the LDR's in millimeters this can make the
LDR's react and transition meaning the LDR's create a different slope/curve/sweep because they are variable resistor dependant on light rays.

Even if u got the LDR's resistance range like most clone's designers they don't understand thats the resistance range is just one side
the other side of the LDR's is the "light contrasts" which is in the datasheets because this is how LDR's differ than a regular resistor because they are dependent on light rays. The taper/sweep/transition from dark to light is in the data sheets for LDR's and another thing is that the univibe had carbon comp LDR's so the tolerances are drifting and sloppy which gives it that univibe effect.