other options for opamp? keyboard?

Started by SEVEN26, December 14, 2005, 01:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SEVEN26

hey guys. i'm new and obviously a noob... i've been reading around and learning a lot. i'm thinking about building this op amp circuit for a kids toy keyboard i bought at good will.  i thought that would be pretty fun.. but i don't know if i can use this circuit because it doesn't use all of the 8 pins. the ic in the keyboard does.   i was under the impression that you could use this circuit for just about any op amp. is that the case?

the ic is 3860 JRC 8174J.  i don't know if that helps. but it would be cool to ad this op amp to it

thanks

aron

Sorry, this circuit is really for only one of the op amps. It will not work as a replacement for a dual op amp chip.

Steben

Build two of them and then you can use it as a dual.
But of course it takes more precious space.
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

SEVEN26

thanks quick for the responce.  obvioulsy i have little understanding about this subject...
building two? sounds kind of odd but could be fun... i'll check into the pricing of a project like that.  i might just build a distortion pedal and house it in the keyboard.  anyway i've got a lot of reading up to do but i'm exited about this project. its going to be a chrismas present to my brother (hopefully  :))

thanks guys