dd-5 hi cut mod confusion

Started by rhys, December 14, 2005, 10:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhys

i've searched around old threads on the forum for info on the hi cut mod for the dd-5 and i've gotten mixed input.  can somebody help me out?

some guys say just solder a .1 cap across the outer lugs of the level pot and its done.  some guys say that won't work on the dd-5. 

the level pot on my dd-5 is soldered to a board and it has 6 lugs, not 3.  if i put a cap across the two lugs on the left and the two lugs on the right, will that give me the high cut? 

cd

Quote from: rhys on December 14, 2005, 10:32:10 AM
i've searched around old threads on the forum for info on the hi cut mod for the dd-5 and i've gotten mixed input.  can somebody help me out?

some guys say just solder a .1 cap across the outer lugs of the level pot and its done.  some guys say that won't work on the dd-5. 

the level pot on my dd-5 is soldered to a board and it has 6 lugs, not 3.  if i put a cap across the two lugs on the left and the two lugs on the right, will that give me the high cut? 

It won't work across the E.LEVEL pot.  At least not properly.  Doing it the way you describe will result in a high cut that varies with the setting of the E.LEVEL pot.  i.e. turned down all the way, lots of high cut, turned up all the way, no high cut.

What you want to do is solder TWO caps on IC1, from pin 5 to pin 6, and pin 2 to pin 3.  Start with .0022uf and go up from there.  Why two caps?  Because the DD-5 is STEREO.

Alternately you can increase the value of C27 and C28.

rhys

okay so i've located IC1 and it has 8 pins total--4 per side.  how do i figure out the numbering system on the pins to know where 2,3,5,&6 are.  thanks for the help.