New project: op-amp big muff

Started by Zero the hero, January 11, 2006, 08:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero the hero

Paul Nelson kindly sent me his layout for the Big Muff 1977 op-amp version and I post it on my site.
Actually I have not much time to build it, but it has been triple checke dby Paul and me. Any volunteer for the first build report?????

Bernardduur

Edit: now it is!.

If I had some time I would love to build one; but I am not sure if I can manage....

Want to put it in my other BMP; are there five pole double throw switches? Shame it has a different tone section then the classic BMP
Am learning something new every day here

SquareLight | MySpace account

nelson

Quote from: Bernardduur on January 11, 2006, 08:25:05 AM
Edit: now it is!.

If I had some time I would love to build one; but I am not sure if I can manage....

Want to put it in my other BMP; are there five pole double throw switches? Shame it has a different tone section then the classic BMP

Use another enclosure, it deserves it.

I am going to etch the board for this one tonight,
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

tiges_ tendres

I just finished building this one, a few part subs but it rips!

way more sustain than my russian transistor version.

The only thing I found odd was that the tone control seemed to be backwards.  On my russian, turning the pot clock wise makes evrything more bassy, where as this made everything trebbly.  Thats fine with me because that's how I have it anyway.

I used all linear pots, but I think the sustain pot wouldbe better log, any thoughts?
Try a little tenderness.

mrsage

Quote from: tiges_ tendres on February 21, 2006, 08:23:51 PMThe only thing I found odd was that the tone control seemed to be backwards.  On my russian, turning the pot clock wise makes evrything more bassy, where as this made everything trebbly.  Thats fine with me because that's how I have it anyway.
Yep, a lot of the Russian Muffs are backwards!

;)

nelson

Great!

Its always cool to hear from people who have built using my layouts.

This is my favourite fuzz pedal so far.

I used a single OPA for the 741 and a TL072 for the 4558.

Its a one trick pony, but man, what a trick!

My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X