Melanhead OD/Dist pretty much finished. Layout Inside, now soundclips too!

Started by Melanhead, January 12, 2006, 07:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

Schematic Available ? [maybe I didn't look hard enough, or missed it...]
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

petemoore

Thanks for the Schemlink Melanhead.
  Yupp soundclips do sound great  1!
  Double clippers...gotta love 'em...it sounds/looks like a real nice design.
  I built a Chaos OD yesterday... :icon_eek:
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Melanhead

Quote from: petemoore on January 17, 2006, 03:17:21 PM
  Thanks for the Schemlink Melanhead.
  Yupp soundclips do sound great  1!
  Double clippers...gotta love 'em...it sounds/looks like a real nice design.
  I built a Chaos OD yesterday... :icon_eek:

Cool! thanks ... I was looking at a Chaos myself ... love to hear it  :icon_wink:

proanalog

Hey Melanhead,
Cool sounding little OD-Dist...  Also stellar playing too!   ;D  The fizz is coming from the first stage assymetrical clipping as well, the input freq hrtz and there is an easier way to do the second stage gain with a control.  With the 1K in series to the second IC stage and the .22 to ground = low pass filter, try a 470ohm trimmer in series with the .22 cap...  And adjust to taste, this will cancel highend oscillation.  Second gain stage is WAY louder I bet??  the cap is too small, this is easy fix to balance gain volume...
also, what are the bias voltages on each pins feedback loops??  I bet the rails are getting hit hard too...

nevermind...

Is that schemo is ExpressPCB??  I gotta couple tweaks to shave off the fizz, save the clarity and improve the output IMP for ya if you wanna send me that schemo, if you are interested just email it to me.  Then you can post it when I'm done...  It would be easier to show it, than type it...  LOL  proanalog@comcast.net

Thanks,
The Pedal Nazi
Scotty

Melanhead

Quote from: proanalog on January 17, 2006, 06:50:28 PM
Hey Melanhead,
Cool sounding little OD-Dist...  Also stellar playing too!   ;D  The fizz is coming from the first stage assymetrical clipping as well, the input freq hrtz and there is an easier way to do the second stage gain with a control.  With the 1K in series to the second IC stage and the .22 to ground = low pass filter, try a 470ohm trimmer in series with the .22 cap...  And adjust to taste, this will cancel highend oscillation.  Second gain stage is WAY louder I bet??  the cap is too small, this is easy fix to balance gain volume...
also, what are the bias voltages on each pins feedback loops??  I bet the rails are getting hit hard too...

nevermind...

Is that schemo is ExpressPCB??  I gotta couple tweaks to shave off the fizz, save the clarity and improve the output IMP for ya if you wanna send me that schemo, if you are interested just email it to me.  Then you can post it when I'm done...  It would be easier to show it, than type it...  LOL  proanalog@comcast.net

Thanks,
The Pedal Nazi
Scotty

Great! ... and thanks for offer ... I'll e-mail it to you tommorow ... I don't have it on this computer ;)

Melanhead

Okay ... Here's Scotty's Tweaks ... Looks great, not sure why he did some of what he did but he's gonna fill me in later  :icon_mrgreen: ... Take a peak:

http://aronnelson.com/gallery/melanhead/M_O_D_Rev_5_ScottyTweaks?full=1

Thanks Scotty!