Compressor in Australia?

Started by jerry, September 08, 2003, 09:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry

Hi every one,
I am new here, but could you please help me? I live in Australia, and I desperately need a compressor (i need it by friday) could anyone tell me of a compressor schematic, in particular, one that I can find the parts in Australia? I would greatly appreciate it!
Please, please help me
Jerry

Marcos - Munky

You can try the Dynacomp or Ross compressor, or maybe the Orange Squeezer. Check generalguitargadgets.com and tonepad.com for schematics and layouts.

dubs

Quote from: jerryHi every one,
I am new here, but could you please help me? I live in Australia, and I desperately need a compressor (i need it by friday) could anyone tell me of a compressor schematic, in particular, one that I can find the parts in Australia? I would greatly appreciate it!
Please, please help me
Jerry

Mate you're in luck! I have the 2n5088 trannys and a premade circuitboard to make a Ross compressor and live in Sydney if you wish to buy. I'll PM you.

george

Dubs you're a deadset legend.

How much do your Ross Compressor PCB's go for?

BTW where do you source 2N5088s and CA3080 - I can't find the first from any local supplier like Farnell, Jaycar etc and the second is, like, 4.95 from Farnell ...?  I find it's actually cheaper to get these sort of things from Small Bear in NYC ...

oops I feel a rant about the prices of music gear in Australia coming on - better go

Regards
George

dubs

i've seen CA3080 in Dick Smith recently but  expensive and limited sotck. I usually buy my parts overseas in bulk.

PCBS are $30 AUS which are predrilled and includes postage & packing.

oh yeah I have the ca3080 which you'll need for the compressor.
I also have 3pdt footswitches.

Chris S

A whinge about the price of parts in Australia... it is tempting. I have luck with www.futurlec.com

george

I checked www.futurelec.com, while it didn't have CA3080s, it did have TL062 and TL064 (good news if you want to build a zombie chorus though you'll have to get a MN3007 elsewhere) and 2n5088 and 2N5087 for $0.12!!!! good even if $USD!!!!

Thanks Chris S

brett

Don't forget that here in Australia the good ole all-rounder the PN100A is a good sub for a 2N5088, as are MPSA18s for 2N5089s (very low noise).
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)