NEED HELP TO MOD MORLEY ABY SWITCH

Started by Nazeemshah82, January 18, 2006, 07:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nazeemshah82

I'm using an morley ABY selector. I'm using it to split configuration of series of effects. The A/B option fuctions ok just like I want it to be.
My problem is the A+B runs in parallel. so i want to mod it to become serial so that I can run my Overdrive/Distortion before the Zoom 505.

This is the schematic
http://www.morleypedals.com/abyes.pdf

i checked the schematics and the circuit runs in parallel. how can i split in back so in becomes serial. the reason to do so is to blend my distortion with modulation. when connected in parellel, outputs of both channel A and B and does not mix and the signal comes out independantly. This means the output will be distortion and clean but not blended as one. I need to modify it so that the A channel will run before the B or vice versa. 

This is how i place my rig:

GUITAR > crybaby > CS3  > A > OS2 > GE7 > morley ABY > DD3 > amp
                                          B > zoom 505>>>

After the CS3 i split the channel using a mono splitter jack then the A and B lines will be connected through the ABY switch.
A/B functions well but A+B does not blend. When we direct connect the effects without an ABY box, we have to connect the stompboxes in serial right? so perhaps that the A+B fuction must be in serial to blend them because the overdrive willl come before the clean signal..try to mod it without altering the A/B function.

PLEASE HELP ME EVERYONE AND SEND ME A MAIL.
Thanx.                                                   

nazeemshah82@yahoo.com

chokeyou

im not really sure what you're asking.

but in order to blend the 2 signals, its not going to be the same passive, mechanical ABY you're used to.

wampcat1

what you want is not an a/b/y box. You want a true bypass box with two loops and two outputs I believe.

Brian

Gladmarr

Okay, I'll take a stab at this. 

It sounds to me like you want the A loop and the B loop to be independent, but you want the order of the loops to be interchangeable.  You could have A -> B, B -> A, just A, or just B.  Is that what you're after? 

Gladmarr

Okay, this can be done if you can get a 4PDT switch for the pedal.  The only ones I know of are made by Alcoswitch, and they aren't cheap.  Mouser Part #: 506-MPG406N is about $25.00.

As far as I can work it out, you'd have your regular DPDT switches on the A and B loops.  Then, using the 4PDT pushbutton, you'd be able to click once to put A in front of B, and again to put B infront of A.  You would get A or B by simply bypassing the loop you didn't want. 

Nazeemshah82

What if i change to a Boss LS2 line selector. Will that offer me the oftion to put A in front of B?