Attention****DSP programmers****Achtung

Started by Mr.Huge, January 25, 2006, 02:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBlekas

Hi Jack,

This sounds promising but would you say that these plug-ins are more for recording onto a hard drive than live applications?
Just wondering, sorry for my ignorance here.

Regards,
George

www.PedalworX.com

TELEFUNKON

George, you may not have noticed it, but it`s a quartercentury phenomenon:
1. they had 5 tubes for a stadium audience of 10.000;
2. they had 2 diodes and 3 opamps to imitate those tubes for a 500 club; (and had to amplify that for them)
3. they A/D with a couple of hundred semiconductors, process with a few million ss-devices, D/A with a couple, to listen to the sound alone by headphone.

here`s looking to the 2nd quarter of the 3rd millenium  :icon_eek:

gez

Quote from: TELEFUNKON on February 20, 2006, 01:39:41 PM1. they had 5 tubes for a stadium audience of 10.000;

Whatever did happen to the Rutles??
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

Jack

Did you do know that there are three free vst flangers for every man, women, and child?
But 0 Blue box VSTs :icon_evil:

amz-fx

Quote from: Jack on February 20, 2006, 05:14:12 PM
Did you do know that there are three free vst flangers for every man, women, and child?
But 0 Blue box VSTs :icon_evil:
But very few analog sounding ones with through-zero capabilities...

Blue box VST can be done...  I also have a bit-crusher distortion in the works.

regards, Jack

A.S.P.

Analogue Signal Processing

DavidS

Serves the bastards right for cloning all those Boss and other designs, and all their other underhanded practices.

But this isn't really a warning for the noobs, I doubt any of them are planning on mass-producing this stuff :)

A.S.P.

OK, then for those lurking in the start-hole, the complete story.

Things are getting tuffer! (a.o.: RoHS).

The Tone God

I don't know why this thread is being hijacked with this. Not to say its not intersting or shouldn't be posted but it is somewhat OT and has nothing to do with the OP/topic at hand.

Quote from: DavidS on February 22, 2006, 06:05:36 AM
Serves the bastards right for cloning all those Boss and other designs, and all their other underhanded practices.

This has nothing to do with cloning or Boss or their biz ethics. RTFA.

QuoteThe rules require that these devices be tested and verified compliant with FCC technical standards prior to marketing them in the United States.

It has to do with them not getting proper safety approval from the FCC to sell their devices. It looks like they either didn't want to payout to the FCC to increase their profits or are knownly using substandard componets/techniques that they know will fail testing.

The only lesson that can be gainned for "noobs" is that before you sell a product you have to make sure it meets safety requirements be it FCC, UL, CSA, etc.

Andrew

A.S.P.

QuoteThe only lesson that can be gainned for "noobs" is that before you sell a product you have to make sure it meets safety requirements be it FCC, UL, CSA, etc.

that`s exactly the point!

and the title of this thread fits exactly to this sub-topic (FCC/EMI)

reading between the lines in this and recent similar threads
(now gathered in this new sub-forum)
clearly shows that there are new potential startup-entrepreneurs for this genre,
that have a close look here.

let them be educated in time!

Peter Snowberg

Thank you for posting that Ton! 8)

These are "computing devices" and must comply with FCC Part 15 specs in the US.

I'm sure it's much easier to get away with making fuzz faces as a boutique manufacturer. Building computers on a commercial scale, even a very small one, requires compliance, just the same as UL / CSA / CE is needed for devices that run from mains power.
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

A.S.P.

Quote from: A.S.P. on February 22, 2006, 07:31:58 AM
OK, then for those lurking in the start-hole, the complete story.

Things are getting tuffer! (a.o.: RoHS).

not to forget WEEE & EuP...

puretube