DRIAB (Dr. Boogey) Finished! Check it out - Update

Started by Paul Marossy, February 05, 2006, 12:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mydementia

Great looking build, as usual, Paul!
The Dr. Boogey is my next build (starting tonight) so I'd like to better understand the pot wiring too...  What do we need to do to this:

in order to get it to work right?

Are you going to add DRIAB to your long list of 'accomplishments' on diyguitarist?  I always enjoy your insight...
Thanks.
Mike

Bucksears

Ok, this puzzles me. This is the same layout that a bunch of people have already used (including myself) with no problems.
I don't have the schematic here at work with me and I won't be back at my place until tomorrow night, but I will take a look at it then.
Sorry guys,
- Buck

Paul Marossy

QuoteLooks Great Paul! ... and Damn! looks like another one I'd like to build ... I need more time

Thanks! Uh, I think you just need a little self control.  :icon_wink:

QuoteAre you going to add DRIAB to your long list of 'accomplishments' on diyguitarist?  I always enjoy your insight...

Of course!  :icon_wink:

QuoteOk, this puzzles me. This is the same layout that a bunch of people have already used (including myself) with no problems.

Never mind, I'm a moron. :icon_redface: You just have yours connected differently than I would do it, but it would work the same. Sorry about that. Sometime I do stupid things while I'm trying to work and hang out here at the same time.  :icon_confused:

OK, I have a question: I did this hi/lo gain switch thing, but when I switch to the low gain setting, the sound just about goes away. I read in another post that a 470K gain pot is supposed to sound good. If this is true, then why is mine behaving like this?  :icon_frown:

alteredsounds

Dont 'spose anyone's done a veroboard layout for this yet? :)  I'd be eternally grateful for it.  I really gotta try etching boards I guess.

One day I'll be able to do some layouts myself that will work........

Cheers,
Nick,

GreenEye

drool.....

now that I have a bunch of JFETs from aron's store, hmmmmmmmmmmmm ::)

Paul Marossy

Quotenow that I have a bunch of JFETs from aron's store, hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Resistance is futile...  :icon_lol:

Paul Marossy

BTW, I forgot to mention that I used 1uF tantalum bypass caps on my build instead of electrolytics. I am not sure what that contributes to the sound, but it makes for a slightly more compact layout in terms of overall height, which in my case was important. VIVA Dr. Boogey! :icon_cool: