aron's shaka hv questions

Started by marrstians, September 09, 2003, 02:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marrstians

a few questions... i was trying out the circuit... why is there two trim pots on the 18v to jfet? couldn't there be one or a set resistor?  i also find that the eq is quite harsh and touchy... it seems to loose bass but still has an over all shrill that i'm trying to cut out... any suggestions for the tone circuit?

aron

Quote from: marrstiansa few questions... i was trying out the circuit... why is there two trim pots on the 18v to jfet? couldn't there be one or a set resistor?  i also find that the eq is quite harsh and touchy... it seems to loose bass but still has an over all shrill that i'm trying to cut out... any suggestions for the tone circuit?

Hmmm.....  Yes, the trim pots can be one. I think I set one to a "safe" value and used the other as outboard for controlling the bias.

What kind of amp do you have? That tone circuit works well for old Fender type amps.

You can put a .001uF or larger from signal to ground on the volume pot to take out some shrill if the standard tone control doesn't work, but try another type of tone control.