marsha valve tube 02 vero???

Started by Night0wl, February 10, 2006, 10:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Night0wl

Hi all,

Is it possible to make this schematic into a vero layout???
marsha valve tube 2

If so, could somebody please give it a go? I am new to this and I understand vero layouts easiest.

Also, is there only one 12ax7 used? I am assuming the schematic is using both sides of one tube, not 1/2 of two tubes?

Cheers,
Shane

Mihkel

I just whipped one up for ya, but please note that it is not verified.
Don't exactly know how the heater wiring is done on tube pedals, I just connected it so that when a plug is inserted to the input jack, the heater's are getting power.
Here it is:

Night0wl

Hey Mihkel thanks heaps for that!  ;D

I appreciate the time you put into this! My breadboard and other goodies arrive today hopefully, so I will try it out when the gear gets here and post back to let you know if the layout works. If anyone else would like to put this together in the meantime could you please let us know if it works???

Thanks,
Shane  :)

vanhansen

Hey, guys.  I'm glad to see some more interest in this one.  It's great.  I don't have any veroboard laying around to verify it so I'm looking forward to hearing the results.
Erik

AdamB

looks very interesting, I've been watching topics on tube-based distortion boxes for a while with an aim to eventually build one. Being able to use vero would make my life alot easier, as I can put it together faster if I don't have to worry about making a PCB, so please let us know if this layout works ok.

I take it this is just powered off of a 12V wallwart style supply? Is it possible to use a 9V supply and build in a voltage pump into the pedal? Just that I already have a 9V wallwart with a splitter on it, so it'd be better to run it off that if I can bump the voltage up to a useable level inside the pedal itself.

-Adam
[indifferent::engine]
http://www.indifferentengine.com

Mihkel

I've gained interest in building it myself after making the layout, I do need a boost pedal actually. But right now i gotta save money for the projects first on the build list and my pedalboard doesn't have room enough for a tube pedal I think.
But someday, I will build it.
Erik, how big was your build?

vanhansen

AdamB: As long as the voltage through the circuit is 12V DC, I don't see why a 9V supply with a 3V charge pump couldn't be used.

Mihkel:  My build never made it past the breadboard unfortunately.  I didn't have a tube socket at the time I drew up the schematic so there were lots of alligator clips all over the place.  With one tube and a fairly compact perf or PCB, it shouldn't be too big.  I wouldn't try stuffing it all in a 1590B though. ;)  I've had a tube socket around for while now and just got a decent 12V DC supply so I'll be putting it on the breadboard again soon.
Erik