Bazz Fuss, adding the clean signal??? Paralooper

Started by syndromet, February 11, 2006, 06:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

syndromet

Hi,
I'm about to start my first build, a bazz fuss. To keep the bottom-end and punch from the bass I want a to be able to blend inn the clean signal at the output, with a separate clean volume controll. Would it be OK to run a wire straight from the input jack, through a volume-pot, to the output jack? Or would you recommend something else?
My diy-site: www.syndromet.com

j.frad

I built the bass paralooper to mix the clean signa of my bass to the bazz fuss, sounds great! I even added a switchable nurse quacky in the box for some wicked enveloppe filtering...

tennisdude

This may seem a roundabout method, but you could consider building a splitter and a mixer to go along with the fuzz (and all your other pedals). That way, you could send your effects loop one way, your clean unaltered signal the other way, and then mix them together before sending them to the amp.

mgrEIGHT

Wheres the schematic for the bass paralooper?

syndromet

Quote from: mgrEIGHT on February 11, 2006, 11:01:37 AM
Wheres the schematic for the bass paralooper?

I've been looking for this schematics to. What exactly does the paralooper do, and how do I add it to my effect?

Thanks for the help everybody!

geertjacobs

The paralooper design is from Moosapotamus, but i can't seem to find his site anymore.
I have the schem on my pc. Post your email address and i'll send it.

syndromet

Quote from: geertjacobs on February 11, 2006, 01:36:50 PM
The paralooper design is from Moosapotamus, but i can't seem to find his site anymore.
I have the schem on my pc. Post your email address and i'll send it.
Hi
I have also had trouble finding his site. You can mail me the schem at ''''''''@hotmail.com. What does the paralooper do? Does it work as an input buffer, running the effect in a loop?

Thanks for the great help. This is the best forum on the entire net!

geertjacobs

Check your mailbox!

The looper indeed allows you to mix clean signal and effect.

moosapotamus

Here's the scheme that the paralooper was originally based on...
http://www8.plala.or.jp/KandR/cir_bassthru.html

Until I get my domain name back, you can try getting to moosapotamus.com via the Wayback Machine...
http://www.archive.org/index.php

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

syndromet

Thanks a lot for all the help!!
Since this is my first build, and I'm a total noob, I belive the paralooper is a little to advanced for me... I came across the buff 'n blend circuit, witch does something simmular to the loopertrooper. However, it seemed a lot simpler. Do you thing the buff 'n bleed will do well with a bazz fuss?

Looking forward to start my first build, and I beliwe I'm hooked, even before starting my first pedal.... :icon_biggrin:

tommy.genes

Quote from: tennisdude on February 11, 2006, 09:56:20 AM
This may seem a roundabout method, but you could consider building a splitter and a mixer to go along with the fuzz (and all your other pedals). That way, you could send your effects loop one way, your clean unaltered signal the other way, and then mix them together before sending them to the amp.

I tried that and had a problem with it. After setting amp volume based on the clean sound alone, switching the effects on added the effected signal on top of the already full-volume clean signal. This made it hard to balance the clean and effected sounds. I know you sometimes want a little boost when you switch in the effects, but I was experiencing an unacceptable jump.

Not to say you shouldn't still experiment with this idea, but I'm just providing a little info to consider, based on my experience.

-- T. G. --
"A man works hard all week to keep his pants off all weekend." - Captain Eugene Harold "Armor Abs" Krabs

moosapotamus

For adding a clean blend to the bazz, I'd suggest starting off as simple as possible and only adding what you need to make it work. Also, IIRC the bazz will not sound the same if it is preceeded by a buffer. So, how about trying this for starters...
http://www.seanm.ca/stomp/minblend.html

Next step up...
http://www.seanm.ca/stomp/bblender.html

~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."