35v Regulators

Started by mutant_guitar, February 12, 2006, 11:27:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mutant_guitar

I plan on building GGG's bipolar ps that will be going in a 3886 chipamp, but, i want 35v out of it. the problem is, i can't find 35v power regulators in mouser or anywhere else. anyone know were to find them, or am i stuck with 24v regs?

Joecool85

Use a 25v+25v toroidal and after rectification you will have +35 and -35, this is exactly what you need to get the full power out of the lm3886.
Life is what you make it.
https://www.ssguitar.com

Nasse

More trouble than any benefit using regulated power supply for 3886 chipamp what I believe. It can be done, but I believe it needs some more, not just regulator chips if you go that way. I think some info can be found on some diy chipamp sites like diyaudio.com
  • SUPPORTER

The Tone God

The 3886 was designed so you would not need to regulate the supply. There will not be any major advantage to regulating the supply of the 3886. The 3886 has a good deal of input power noise immunity if using a properly designed supply.

Time to read the datasheet.

Andrew

Joecool85

No, time to buy the PCBs/components for the amp/PS from chipamp.com

He told me that if enough people are interested he would do a single channel kit for around $40.
Life is what you make it.
https://www.ssguitar.com

mutant_guitar

i have a question, then. i have a non-center tap transformer. so if i use just a bridge rectifier, will that put out positave as well as negative voltage? i thought bridge rectifiers only put out a positive voltage and 0v.

i'm sorry for the questions, but the problem is, there is sooo much information out on the internet, and trying to find the right info is very hard. i find that when on the internet, if one goes to a forum and asks a question, the people on the forum tells one to search  x site. the problem is, there is so much info on x site that one can't find what he is specifically looking for. i'm constantly in the middle of this, and it gets very frustrating not being able to find the info i'm looking for.

sorry for the rant.