First (useful) Project: Anderton Bass Fuzz

Started by yousufferbutwhy, February 12, 2006, 12:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yousufferbutwhy

So I managed to get the Bass Fuzz circuit from Electronics Projects for Musicians working on breadboard this weekend, and I'm very pleased with how it turned out. So I'm now making plans to build it on a real board and enclosure, but would like to incorporate a couple of ideas.

Number one, I'm a keyboard player and line level operation is most desirable. However, this is one of the few projects in the book that doesn't have instructions for line level design, and I couldn't match up the instructions from other projects and find the same logical steps. Ideally, I'd like this to be switchable, but need to know how to get there first. A thorough understanding of impedance still escapes me.

Number two, I've been playing around with various diode configurations and would like to setup switchable configurations for asymmetrical flexibility. I may end up using PAIA's preprinted board, and was thinking of just bringing the LED points out to rotary switches. That left me trying to figure out how to bus 4 or 5 diodes for each side into single points on the board without creating a huge antenna. I briefly spoke with an EE last night who doesn't usually work with audio, and he said I should use analog switches to cut down on noise. I have a couple of old CMOS 4066's here, but don't know if they're appropriate. I've learned a good bit about op amps lately, so is this a good logical step? Truthfully, I'm feeling a little bit discouraged about it.

I would appreciate any help I can find here. Thanks.