RG and all, i'm starting a new PIC programming thread

Started by troubledtom, February 12, 2006, 11:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gez

Quote from: Ge_Whiz on February 12, 2006, 07:50:54 PMGez, what programming language are you using?

Phil, I'm using Assembly (most textbooks use it so there's not much choice). 

Initially there were only a handful of things I wanted to learn - the most pressing being stepped LFOs, which I've covered now - but, as always, once you understand what these things can do then more uses spring to mind.

I don't have any chips to play around with, let alone a programmer, so don't know if any of my programs will work yet...soon find out (gulp)!  :icon_lol:

"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

The Tone God

Quote from: gez on February 13, 2006, 03:33:16 AM
I don't have any chips to play around with, let alone a programmer, so don't know if any of my programs will work yet...soon find out (gulp)!  :icon_lol:

Why don't you run them through what company's simulator software ?

Andrew

gez

QuoteWhy don't you run them through what company's simulator software ?

All in good time!  :icon_smile:

My learning method might differ from some around here, but I like to get as much of an overview as possible before getting my fingers wet.  I'm still reading/learning how to do other stuff.  Getting these things to work is 'just' detail, not interested in that for the moment!
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

The Tone God

Quote from: gez on February 13, 2006, 03:59:51 AMMy learning method might differ from some around here, but I like to get as much of an overview as possible before getting my fingers wet.  I'm still reading/learning how to do other stuff.  Getting these things to work is 'just' detail, not interested in that for the moment!

Hey whatever works for you but you don't want to learn something go untested and continue to build on that. Even getting a simple "Hello World!" program simulating can teach you alot.

Good luck with your learning. :)

Andrew