A special request.... :)

Started by Dragonfly, February 12, 2006, 06:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonfly

Hi...
  In an effort to "verify" all of the layouts in my folder (Dragonfly),it would help me GREATLY if I could have some assistance from you guys. If you've BUILT a pedal using one of my layouts, I would appreciate it if you'd visit my folder and leave a comment that you've "verified" it. If the layout had any errors, please leave a comment on what you did to fix the problem. Most of the layouts should be just fine, but I'd still like to make sure that I'm not posting ones with any errors...

Also...I've spent a bit of time "refining" the graphics for my layouts. Below, there are a few examples...I'd really love some "feedback" as to how you think they look, what could be improved, etc...

Thanks again...you guys are great !

Andy

bluesdevil

I tried to leave a "thumbs up" for the Red Llama layout, but it's not letting me login with my user name. Do you need an administrator to register you for the layout pages before you can post there?
"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

petemoore

I think they read real good, EZ To see them and pick 'em out in the gallery, the names are perfectly legible and jump off the page, also it's easy to find them again since I remebered the font, all the font's and colors being different makes for interesting browsing.
 I have no trouble reading the layouts, the colored wires help too.
 I'm getting a little better at reading through Stripboard layouts...lol.
 The revolution looks cool, any soundclips or descriptions?
 I dunno, just looking and wondering if terminating a strip like the second one down on the Revolution, in two places, right next to C4 then again at C1 would make any discernable difference whatsoever...they just looked like a couple antenna's for a second there...probably just a silly observation, but now I'm curious.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Dragonfly

Quote from: bluesdevil on February 12, 2006, 06:29:32 PM
I tried to leave a "thumbs up" for the Red Llama layout, but it's not letting me login with my user name. Do you need an administrator to register you for the layout pages before you can post there?

I'm not sure...people have left comments before on some layouts, so I would assume that you wouldnt need to register with Aron first....might be worth looking into...

Dragonfly

Quote from: petemoore on February 12, 2006, 06:35:03 PM

The revolution looks cool, any soundclips or descriptions?

not yet...its still in the "idea" stage....its a adaptation of the simple gated fuzz that joe posted a while back...i'm hoping to build it soon....

petemoore

well the last two transistors look piggybacked, but with no piggy-reducing-resistor..a resistor between the emitters so the gain is only 'lopped' partially down...oiw the total gain of two directly piggybacked...iow, N/M...lol.
  What's the value for R8 on the Black VooDoo...100k ?

Dragonfly

Quote from: petemoore on February 12, 2006, 09:36:24 PM
  well the last two transistors look piggybacked, but with no piggy-reducing-resistor..a resistor between the emitters so the gain is only 'lopped' partially down...oiw the total gain of two directly piggybacked...iow, N/M...lol.

:)  sorta piggied :) ....

What's the value for R8 on the Black VooDoo...100k ?

R8 ?  theres no R8 ...well, technically the volume pot is R8, and thats a 100k ....

;D

petemoore

Glasses :icon_eek:I was looking at R6> but seeing 'R8'...

Dragonfly

Quote from: petemoore on February 13, 2006, 01:01:06 AM
  Glasses :icon_eek:I was looking at R6> but seeing 'R8'...

i've done it many times :)

alteredsounds

I built so many of your layouts I'd be there all day, no probs with any of them and I'm eternally grateful for them.

MartyMart

Andy, I've been through and posted some "it works" comments ...

Thanks a bunch for all that work BTW  :D

MM.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

xshredx

I think you have a problem with the layout of the mxr microamp (I know you changed it some time ago, but is it possible that it still contains an error?)
I'm posting here, and not in the comments, because I want some feedback about what I think.

I soldered this layout of yours on vero, and I made a change with C2 and R4  (left bottom of the IC on your layout).
Am I correct to say that on your layout those two components are in series and not parallel?

Your layout now:

I made it like this (a quick and dirty 1-minute photoshop... but the changes are clear):

I have no original mxr microamp to compare with, but my changes to your vero-layout sound ok.

bluesdevil

I still haven't figured out how to add comments to your Red Llama layout, but hopefully somebody else who has built it will add something soon. Today I tried building the standard microphone preamp in your "Black Hole" section and couldn't get it to work, so you might want to check that one. I tried a couple of different dual op amps with the same results, but I could have made a mistake somewhere  else :icon_redface:

"I like the box caps because when I'm done populating the board it looks like a little city....and I'm the Mayor!" - armdnrdy

fixr1984

Ive also tried the mic pre amp with no luck. I was just blaming my skills but if im not the only one i should speak up. So there I did :icon_biggrin:

Dragonfly

just got this...ive been offline for a bit....

thanks for the "heads up" on the mic pre

also, i'll get the mxr changed...iirc, that was another "late night" layout :)

andy

Khas Evets

QuoteAlso...I've spent a bit of time "refining" the graphics for my layouts. Below, there are a few examples...I'd really love some "feedback" as to how you think they look, what could be improved, etc...

I like that you include the component list. One thing I borrowed from Torchy is coloring the ground, 9V and Vr strips. I helps me 'see' the circuit, and if I'm planning to mod it or make it tighter, it saves me time. Also, adding the original schematic (or a link to it) would help. I usually spend time verifying that the schematic I have is consistent with the layout.

Many thanks for all the time and effort you've put into these layouts. It not only saves us all time, it helps the newer members make sucessful builds quicker and easier...which in turn makes the forum population smarter.

Dragonfly

I like that you include the component list. One thing I borrowed from Torchy is coloring the ground, 9V and Vr strips. I helps me 'see' the circuit, and if I'm planning to mod it or make it tighter, it saves me time. Also, adding the original schematic (or a link to it) would help. I usually spend time verifying that the schematic I have is consistent with the layout.

like doing the ground vero strip in green, and the power in red ?

i'd include more of the schematics, but it means even more work, as i'd need to "re-draw" them....i've done it for a few of the layouts, but maybe i should start including it on more...might help people "visualize" the connection between vero and schematic a bit better...

QuoteMany thanks for all the time and effort you've put into these layouts. It not only saves us all time, it helps the newer members make sucessful builds quicker and easier...which in turn makes the forum population smarter.

thanks...just trying to help return the favor to all those others here who have helped me....

AC

Khas Evets

Quotelike doing the ground vero strip in green, and the power in red ?

Yes.

Quotei'd include more of the schematics, but it means even more work.

It doesn't need to be on the same file, just a link to the source or maybe a separate file for it in your directory. An example would be Keeley's Java Boost. I'm still not sure which of the several schematics I have is correct, if any.