Does anyone have a photo of the Orange Treble/Bass Booster?

Started by vanessa, February 10, 2006, 03:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanessa

I've never seen one. A shot of the guts would be cool too.

I wanted to see if it looks like the Vox Treble/Bass Booster I saw in the June 1995 Guitar Player.

BD13UK

Hi Vanessa.
I think this is basically another Ge Rangemaster type booster except it has a treble and bass control instead of the the no tone control Rangemaster
Brian

vanessa

Quote from: BD13UK on February 12, 2006, 01:21:48 PM
Hi Vanessa.
I think this is basically another Ge Rangemaster type booster except it has a treble and bass control instead of the the no tone control Rangemaster

Thank you BD13UK! I've seen the schematic and have compared it to the Rangemaster. I'm trying to get a visual on the original Orange T&B Booster box itself to compare to the Vox T&B Booster.

BD13UK

I'm not sure if You mean the Vox V830, chrome fronted pedal, or whatever it was called but if so it's just another distortion pedal and not that great from what I recall, it may indeed suit others but I didn't like it at all, it's a Si distortion device from memory.
Brian
Brian

vanessa

No, this Vox Treble and Bass Booster looks like a small (maybe 1" square by 3" long) box like those small Hammond boxes that people use for A/B line switchers. It has one knob on it (my guess is that it's the tone control). The box looks like sheet metal with a polished finish. Its supposed to plug in directly to the guitar (or so the Guitar Player, June 1995 claims). I could not get a good look at it as part of the unit is covered by a 'dot' that has an ID number for the photo.

I wish I had a scanner and some way to post the photo. I'm afraid even then the rez would be so low that you still would not get a good idea what it looks like unless you had the magazine in front of you.

I ask, because it is rumored that Sola Sound made the Orange T&B Booster. They made a lot of pedals for Vox in the 60's and early 70's. I'm thinking that these may be the same units with different names.

brianwenz

Hello Hello--
    I'm pretty  sure that they are different circuits.  I'll try to dig up some schematics [and maybe a picture...] later today [Sunday].  I've seen both of 'em but it's been awhile!
Brian.

brianwenz

Hello Hello--
        Well...can't find a picture but I found an old [1966] Vox price list that has a Treble Booster [V806] and a seperate Bass Booster [V810]  listed.  They also had a Distortion Booster [V816] .  All three were designed to plug into an amp.
Brian.

vanessa

Those kind of sound what I saw. What did they look like Brian?

Has anyone ever seen an Orange T&B Booster?

:icon_rolleyes: