Previous topic - Next topic

Melanhead

:icon_mrgreen:

That's a major TS9 mod! ...

Not sure if most would hear the diff in the opamps though  :icon_wink:

alteredsounds

lol totally OTT but really well done

vanhansen

I just saw that posted on another forum this morning.  That is wild.  Pretty cool idea.  It would be nice to see how the switching was transferred to the new enclosure.
Erik

Melanhead

maybe crazy, but wouldn't it be easier to wire in a true bypass switch rather than machine that big hole!  :icon_rolleyes:

Steben

I would make the standard knobs (drive-tone-level) the big ones instead of the preset-knobs, but that's me...

Switching between feedback diode clipping, diode to ground clipping or both is more what I seek though.
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

phaeton

Quote from: Melanhead on February 14, 2006, 10:23:24 AM
:icon_mrgreen:

That's a major TS9 mod! ...

Not sure if most would hear the diff in the opamps though  :icon_wink:

That was my first thought, though I'm curious if the switch is 'dual ganged' or 'multi ganged'- i.e. it switches out both the inputs and the outputs of the opamps.  Else, you'd run you guitar signal through one opamp, but you'd also pick up any stray noise from the outputs of the rest.

I wonder how long that single 9V lasts.

Otherwise, cool...!
Stark Raving Mad Scientist

twabelljr

Very cool indeed, but I think the frequency jump from the stock 720Hz to 154Hz is quite much. Be nice to have the step to 339Hz in between there.
Shine On !!!

Arn C.

Here is the Tubescreamer I built a while back.  Switching between TS808, TS9, and TS10.   Standard controls plus Bass & Gain Boost Switches(from stock to boost).   I tried a bunch of different IC's and for mine the Texas Instruments chip was the best.
Peace!
Arn C.

Melanhead

TI4558 is my fav as well ...

puretube

Satch12879

Sweet and it looks like they kept the electronic switching!!!
Passive sucks.

Progressive Sound, Ltd.
progressivesoundltd@yahoo.com