ZVEX Machine Pedal

Started by distortedskies, February 14, 2006, 07:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

distortedskies

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone had any insight into how the ZVEX Machine pedal worked. It is a crossover distortion pedal. On the video clip on his website he says it uses a dual frequency tripler. I am interested in designing something similar, The only idea I had was to make a push pull (class AB) output stage with a bias control to create the crossover distortion. I was just wondering how the machine worked as I am always interested to know whats going on inside some of the more unique pedals out there. don't be afraid to get technical, I know a decent amount of electronics and can look up stuff on my own if I don't understand your explanation. any help or ideas would be appreciated.

troubledtom

dude,
   this site is not for zvex guestions , go to the zvex fourm for his stuff brother.......
  i 'll help when i can but not w/ his stuff.
          w/ all due respect,
                     peace,
                           - tom

The Tone God

Quote from: distortedskies on February 14, 2006, 07:49:06 PM
...can look up stuff on my own if I don't understand your explanation. any help or ideas would be appreciated.

The function is your friend.

Search criteria: "crossover distortion"

http://www.elixant.com/~stompbox/smfforum/index.php?topic=37057.0

Andrew

distortedskies

that link was very helpful andrew.  by the way troubled tom why can't you "help" with zvex's stuff? I'm just curious, am I doing something wrong by asking how something works? I don't plan to copy his pedals or anything, I was just interested to know how it worked.  Thanks for your help though guys, I appreciate it.

alteredsounds

I cant c whats wrong with asking a question related to zvex pedals?  Ripping them off is of course wrong but being inspired by them to make your own creation is cool and a compliment to zack?  All the keeley, anologueman mods have been discussed at various times.  It's how the information is used that matters.

Cheers,
Nick,

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

slacker

troubledtom

Quote from: distortedskies on February 15, 2006, 01:11:11 AM
that link was very helpful andrew.  by the way troubled tom why can't you "help" with zvex's stuff? I'm just curious, am I doing something wrong by asking how something works? I don't plan to copy his pedals or anything, I was just interested to know how it worked.  Thanks for your help though guys, I appreciate it.

hey bro,
    overy the yr's i've seen peolpe get flamed for less concerning zvex. i did not want you to get burnt. really......... best wishes and WELCOME to the party, :icon_wink: :icon_wink: :icon_wink: :icon_twisted: it's cool brother.
          peace to you ,
                   - tom pollock

343 Salty Beans

Must...follow...crowd....

ZVEX ZVEX ZVEX GRRRR!!!!!!  :icon_evil: