Mounting perfboard on back of pots?

Started by janus, February 15, 2006, 11:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

janus

Hello beginner here. Have a larger perfboard to mount in a 1590b and the only way I can do it is to put it on top of the back of the pots. I've seen pictures of some pedals that have it mounted this way.like here at the middle right of the pagehttp://axiseffects.home.att.net/axisface.html There seems to be a protective non conductive layer between the bottom of the board and the pots which makes sense, just not sure how to secure it. Can I just adhere it to the back of the pots with a strong glue would that give the pots a problem? or are standoffs a better idea? I'm really tight on space, and now I realize it's best to plan for space before hand.
Brian

nero1985

you can do it but make sure the back of the pot is inuslated, i usually use electrical tape on the back of the pot and that takes care of it, but like on that axis fuzz you can use a double sided tape to insulate it

DDD

GREAT idea. It saves a lot of metal work!
Too old to rock'n'roll, too young to die

burnt fingers

I use the foam double stick tape to mount my boards to the back of pots. I cut enough tape to covevr the entire board so nothing shorts out. Then I just stick on the pots.  It works pretty good. 

Scott
Rock and Roll does not take a vacation!!

www.rockguitarlife.com
My Music

Toney

I have often wondered if there was any deliterious effect (perhaps capacitance) from using a big chunk of that foam tape covering multiple leads/tracks.
Have you noticed anything audible before and after the tape?

8mileshigh

Can anybody tell me where I can get this foamy double sided tape ?

Thanks
Chris
Builts completed: Tweak-O, Fuzz Face Si and Ge, Rangemaster,Fuzzrite Si & Ge, Bazz Fuzz, L'il Devil Fuzz, Bosstone one knober, Bosstone Sustainer, Cream Pie, Kay Fuzztone. http://www.myspace.com/chrisdarlington

twabelljr

Try an office supply store like Staples or Office Depot.
Shine On !!!

col

I just got a huge pack of double sided sticky foam tape and double sided sticky foam pads from my local £1 shop! It is stickier than velcro and much cheaper so I have gone over to using that. No problems so far. It might be worth looking for something like that.
Col