Vero Layout for Dr Q

Started by jimmy54, February 20, 2006, 12:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy54

Hi fellas,

I've about given up on my nurse quacky build (Torchy layout) as it distorts in a bad way (although it does quack slightly) and after three build attempts it's not improving (could be due to the chip but I've tried a LM358N and a NE5532AP with same results).

I built the Phuncgnosis and this works great so this circuit is verified (if it wasn't already).

I was thinking if trying a Dr Q instead of the nurse quacky as I read somewhere that the Dr Q is less sensitive to the op-amp used.

Does anyone know if there is a vero layout for the Dr Q?

Cheers

twabelljr

I think the Dr. Q. is picky about a particular op-amp, whereas Dr. Quack and Nurse Quacky are not. Try the Nurse Quacky perfboard layout at Home-Wrecker. I followed that and had no problems.
Shine On !!!

jimmy54

Ah, I must have got them mixed up.  Thought the nurse quacky was the one that was picky about op-amps.  I also didn't realise that the Dr Q and Dr Quacky were not the same circuit. 

Anyone know of a vero layout of the Dr Quacky?

jimmy54

What op-amp did you use twabelljr?

twabelljr

I used a LM358 op-amp and a 3904 trans. I tried some other op-amps - 4558, 4570, and a MPSA18 transistor but the 358 / 3904 worked best for me. I also tried 3mm yellow LED's with bad results, and both 3mm and 5mm red LED's with good results. To make things simple, use a fixed 100 ohm resistor instead of an attack pot until you work the bugs out. You will be pleased when you get her quacking!
Here is the build report for mine http://www.elixant.com/~stompbox/smfforum/index.php?topic=41633.0
Good luck! Tommy
Shine On !!!