simple tone control

Started by tomwarrior, February 20, 2006, 10:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomwarrior

i built the LHX2 marshall sim preamp. i only built up to the non-cab sim opamp(opamp 14) and i have also eliminated the tonestack. this thing sounds great(although a little bright) going into my older marshall valvestae halfstack as a od/dist pedal. i need a simple tone control to roll of the highs. something i can put inbetween opamp 7 & 8 and can use to adjust the frequency the highs are rolled off at. i was looking at the tube screamer and sd-1 tone controls. any suggestions? i will post some clips when i find a host for them. thanks in advance.---tom
sound is subjective.

John Lyons

Search for " stupidly wonderful tone control " . Me Like!  (mark hammer posted this a while back and It's works well.)

John
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

mojotron

IMO, the TS tone control is not that great - too much of the "good" range is at one end of the control and too much tone is dumped with the highs.

My favorite is the one Ed G. did on the BSIAB2 - which is related to the BMP.. Either one gives a good one knob tone control that retains a lot of the tone in the bass-ier settings.