Trims from mouser?

Started by janus, February 21, 2006, 01:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janus

Hello,
I'm putting in an order at mouser and wanted to get some 10 and 50k trims. THere are way too many to choose from. Just wondering if someone had a part # of ones that they have used in fuzz's?. Looking for vertical ones. Any help appreciated.
Brian

mojotron

I use Tyco Trimpots WHT LNG KNOB trimmers; Mouser part numbers are 323-409H-10K and 323-409H-50K and I really like them as I can tweak it with a finger or tool.

At 61 cents this is cheaper than using something like opposing devices to create CV/CC source circuits.

I see these in a lot of the main "boutique" builder's stuff too.

janus

formerMember1

thanks MOJO!!  THAt is alot better than the ones i use and have to turn with a screw driver.  Are they quailty though?

mojotron

Quote from: formerMember1 on February 21, 2006, 03:21:35 PM
thanks MOJO!!  THAt is alot better than the ones i use and have to turn with a screw driver.  Are they quailty though?

They seem to be better then the little square blue ones - which seem to not have that linear of a range. On a FF they are great because you have to make adjustments from time to time for temperature... so you could cut a hole in the top of the enclosure over this pot and turn it with a pencil eraser (or some other insulated blunt object), and then plug the hole with one of those little round rubber feet used on the bottoms of effects. With the little blue ones the spot you have to hit with the screw driver is too small to do this - requiring you to open the enclosure and use a metal screw driver. It's a small issue really, but if I were selling anything these days - I would be putting these on there for customers if I thought they may need to tweak this pot.

Also, with these, a drop of window siliconized caulk on the side holds the setting in place on these really well because they are bigger. When you want to adjust it you just have to gently pull the caulk off and adjust then re-glue them with another drop of caulk ;)

formerMember1

thanks, that is great!  I am gonna do this on my next fuzzface!  and dril a hole to the pot, and plug with a rubber grommet or something of the sorts.

PB Wilson

I drilled a hole to gain access to a trim pot. It works easily with a small screwdriver and I didn't feel the need to cover it up. Its the small hole under the tone pot.

formerMember1

that is nice pedal, what enclosure is that a 1590bb? 

PB Wilson