Power Supply for multiple effects.

Started by bond, February 24, 2006, 01:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bond

bond

bancika

I made similar one but for 12V and 9V, also I made them parallel, not series. I used 220uF and 100uF caps
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

Peter Snowberg

Eschew paradigm obfuscation

gez

If you want peace of mind, a fuse (anti-surge) in series with one of the output leads of the secondary will protect the transformer in the event of the 2200uF cap ever going short. 
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

bassmeister

Warning! Your diodes will turn hot if you use the diode arrangement in the picture. The two upper diodes will block current for the positive going part of the incoming current. For the negative part, all current will be conducted by the rightmost diodes. Flip the upper right and the lower left diodes and you'll have a working full wave bridge rectifier. Type "bridge rectifier" in Google. Or to keep it even more simple, use an integrated rectifier.

Ge_Whiz

Well spotted! Yes, the bridge rectifier has been rotated by 90 degrees from the correct orientation.

bond

oops yes, well spotted indeed, well i'm just gonna use a bridge rectifier on the board anyway, i kinda copied the diagram and reassembled with paint  ::)