Confessions of an addict. (Show us your bench.)

Started by nelson, March 04, 2006, 12:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calpolyengineer

I knew there was something strange about his setup. I was just thinking how akward it would be to reach across his projects to get to the soldering iron. Left-handedness was not one of the rational I thought of though.

-Joe

freak scene

i will have to show this thread to my wife haha, i dont feel bad for having a messy bench now.

nelson

Quote from: Paul Perry (Frostwave) on March 13, 2006, 05:53:09 AM
Nelson, I like the 'adjustor' sitting on top of the scope! And, are you left handed (it's driving me nuts..).

No I am right handed, the scope and soldering Iron are on the left because thats where the nearest outlets are. (The cables are rather short).

I am used to them being there.

The adjustor is there for emergency use only  :icon_twisted:
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

MartyB

Here's the desk (not shown -  garage with tubs of salvaged pcbs, second workbench,  pedals out the yin yang, guitars, amps and my "studio"

8)

brett

Hi.
My workshop (in artistic B&W !), bench and stash of components.
Not shown - various power tools, junked circuits, abandoned amps, etc
There's a welder on the floor, a tube tester under the bench and that blue thing near the soldering iron that kinda looks like a multimeter is a tiny oscilloscope.  The amp on the floor is an 18 watter waiting for a new rectifier tube.
Bit of a mess.  Feel free to show your significant other how bad things could be.

cheers
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

Noplasticrobots

Cheap amp (Park G10R), cheap guitar (DeArmond SG copy), cheap soldering iron (Rat Shack) and expensive Radio Shack parts. I just finished boxing up the Fetzer Valve. I usually try to keep it at least this clean because our cats love to play with components that have been left out.

When I first got started last October, I labeled my bins with schematic symbols so I'd learn them faster. I also had all this stuff spread over our dining room table. I was lucky enough to get this table from a family member. The funny thing is, my girlfriend think it's for her crafts too!  :D

And no, there's no Pop Tarts in that box, just my irons when I don't use them and various pieces of junk.
I love the smell of solder in the morning.