boss bf-2, os-2, danelectro chorus mods

Started by bfrost21, March 10, 2006, 01:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bfrost21

I am new to the forum and find all the information/posts to be of great value so any help would be appreciated.  Recently I did various mods to my crybaby wah, installed a LED, true-bypass, vocal mod, gain mod, etc.  I really enjoyed it and since then i have had the desire to do any number of mods to my Boss BF-2, OS-2, and my danelectro cool cat chorus.  I did a search and saw that a few people have modded their BF-2.  Problem is, I havent a clue as to what they exactly did.  I would love to modify all of these pedals but I am not quite sure which direction to go as far as the sound.  I wouldnt mind installing a 3pdt toggle switch in the bf-2 or the chorus pedal in order to have the availability to get different sounds form the pedal.  Any suggestions are welcome as I am open-minded to any ideas as this point.  Thank you.

Mark Hammer

Pick your poison:

• something wild, weird and wonderful that makes it sound like a wholly other pedal
  • somethng that simply extends the range of what it already does
  • something that allows the pedal to merge more comfortably with different instruments and circumstances

bfrost21

well i am not too picky actually so i am open to any suggestions.  i of course can always opt to go a different route than one that is suggested but for now i am simply looking for possibilities/suggestions.  one thing i am considering is the following-  installing a 3pdt 3-position toggle switch in the bf-2.  the middle position would simply be the normal bf-2 sound.  the 'top' position would provide a different sound and the same for the 'bottom' position.  so therefore, i would have 3 different options as far as sounds.  i should add that i dont even know if its possible to do such a thing nor am i sure that a 3pdt is required.  perhaps a dpdt with a 3 position toggle switch would work.  thanks