Leslie switch and A/B

Started by sadave, March 10, 2006, 05:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sadave

Hey Guys -
I'm another newbie who has found a lot of info from reading these posts but nothing specific to what I'm about to start working on. I'm handy with a soldering iron, can read a diagram or layout, take a little longer with a schematic but have absolutely no theory (i.e. I know all grounds must be connected, I just don't know why). That may be simplifying things just a bit but hopefully you get the idea. I think this is just the place for me to get answers I can understand. Here's my project:
I have a Leslie Model 18 speaker similar to a Fender Vibratone - just a rotating baffle in front of a speaker powered by a guitar amp. I need a footswitch that will switch between the amp's speaker and the Leslie and also change speeds on the Leslie. I have a schematic for this but it includes SPST switches and I want to make a few additions. First of all I want to add LEDs (not that difficult I'm sure, but I don't know how) and, secondly, I also want to switch channels on my amp (black or silver face Fender). Since the amp doesn't have channel switching I need to A/B between normal and vibrato channels. Basically it will be two A/B switches on one footswitch and fast/slow on the other. I have two 3PDT switches.
My main concern is can I wire the 3PDT for switching between speakers and channels and an LED? How would I do this? Is it just like a normal A/B?
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks - Dave

skiraly017

Just out of curiousity, are you going to build the cross-over network?
"Why do things that happen to stupid people keep happening to me?" - Homer Simpson

sadave

no. The Model 18 has a 12" speaker and sounds better full range than just mids. Plus, with the crossover, too much signal seems to come out of the amp speaker.

sadave