ARGGHHH! DAMN Hornet!

Started by rockgardenlove, March 13, 2006, 07:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockgardenlove

So it boosts, but won't clip at all, its just a clean boost.  It sounds nice, but I already have a boost ;)

I think the problem is that the transistor works either way you orient it, the collector and emitter appear to be interchangeable ???

This same circuit blew out my last few trannies, I guess it did the same to this one, wtf?  It works well with a 2n5088, but it sounds too harsh and silicon-ey.   Bleh, :(

Personally I'd promptly unverify this circuit.  It kills your transistors. 

tiges_ tendres

do you have any more info on the layout? whos layout it is, perf/vero/pcb.  Lots of people have built this very succesfully, maybe there's something you missed.
Try a little tenderness.

RaceDriver205

First thing I do is whip out the DMM and use the beeping continuity tester to test for shorts (shorts are baaaddd).
Also, never use perf/vero but thats just my opinion  :icon_lol:

rockgardenlove

Erm wtf?

Isn't the little tab on metal can transistors usually the emitter?

Cause on this little guy it appears to be the collector.

And my DMM just broke.  It cost 7 bucks though, so I'm not suprised.

R.G.

First, do you see that sticky at the top? The one that says "What to do when it doesn't work" ? That's going to help us help you a lot more quickly.

Also, could you please not use animated gif avatars?
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

rockgardenlove

Why?  Are you still on a 56 k modem or something?  Give me a bit to find a new avatar though, I'm very selective with these things :)

Anyways, I think I got it worked out actually.  At the collector of Q2, you need to sub out the 1k for a 100k, and then it works.  As for Q1, I had the pinout wrong, I was positive the little tab was the emitter...oh well. 

Peace dudes.

R.G.

QuoteWhy?  Are you still on a 56 k modem or something?
I'm not, but some people are. More importantly, they're both useless and distracting. We had this discussion long ago on this forum, but it comes up with every new batch of members.

Please, would you find a static avatar?

Thank you.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

KORGULL

R.G., if you don't mind all avatars disappearing, you can click on "Profile," then "Look and Layout Preferences," then "Don't Show Other Users' Avatars." Save changes.

Dave_B

Quote from: rockgardenlove on March 13, 2006, 08:37:07 PM
Give me a bit to find a new avatar though, I'm very selective with these things :)
Nobody likes my kid.    :'( 

:)
Help build our Wiki!