Schematic troubleshooting

Started by ethniccheese, September 10, 2003, 10:15:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ethniccheese

http://www.tonepad.com/getFileInfo.asp?id=7

Could someone look at this schematic (PDF) and then look at the "IN" and "OUT" labelled on the PC board transfer print and the wiring diagram?  I fail to see how the bypass link in the schematic is represented on the transfer or the wiring diagram.  It looks like, to me, that the schematic says there should be wiring to the switch for true bypass.  Am I missing something?  Am I doing something wrong?  The pedal doesn't bypass like it should now, and I think this is where the problem lies.

Your help is appreciated!!!  :)

Rodgre

Seems okay to me.

The board layout assumes that you've got your bypass switching off board, so for instance, were you to put it in a box without a bypass switch, you would wire your in and out straight to the pads on the board.

For bypassing, you would wire them to a DPDT or 3PDT switch as you would wire a typical bypass switch, and the switch in and out would connect to the circuit.

Roger

ethniccheese

Thank you so much for replying!!

That's the line of thinking I was following on this up to this point, however, I couldn't figure how to wire the IN and OUT to my 3PDT switch given the wiring diagram in the PDF.  There's no room to wire the bypass on the DPDT switch shown in the diagram.  OR should the bypass switch be completely separate from the switch in the diagram?  If so, what's the function of the switch in the diagram?

RickL

The dpdt shown in the layout is the color switch. You'll need a seperate switch, not shown on the layout, for bypass.

ethniccheese

YES!@!!!@!@#!#!@$%

So simple.  I wondered why it changed to a tremelo like sound!  Thank you guys so much for helping me on this.  This phaser sounds awesome, but I haven't used it yet because of this.  This has been the source of much frustration!

Mike Burgundy

I'm not sure I completely understand the question.
Remember, a 3PDT is nothing but a DPDT with an extra switch.
So, the in and output pads on the PCB go to the DPDT switch and that hooks up to the jacks, like this:
DPDT connections:
1 6
2 5
3 4

1-connects to 6
2-connects to input jack tip
3-connects to input pad on PCB
4-connects to output pad PCB
5-connects to output jack tip
6-connects to 1

The extra switch is used to switch a LED on and off so you have an indicator.
Is this a little more clear?

ethniccheese

Yes!  :) Thanks, I can get the wiring of the bypass...  My confusion was what the switch in the wiring diagram was for in the first place.  I sincerely thank you all for all of your help!

Andy

what extra switch are you talking about?  Do you mean on a 3pDT or the diagram you gave for a DPDT?  How IS an LED wired :?:
Andy