Signal generator value to fix PT-80?

Started by boogietube, April 03, 2006, 06:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boogietube

My first project was the PT-80. It has never worked. I have traced the crap out of the power supply with a multimeter, and there's power. I need to apply a signal to try to trace the wrascally rabbit. What signal should I try ? I was thinking a 1 KHZ, 200 millivolt sine wave would be good. I have read the appropriate value somewhere but I can't remember it. I have a function generator and a dual trace oscilloscope.
Any help would be appreciated.
Pedals Built- Morley ABC Box, Fultone A/B Box, DIY Stompboxes True Bypass box, GGG Drop in Wah, AMZ Mosfet Boost, ROG Flipster, ROG Tonemender, Tonepad Big Muff Pi.
On the bench:  Rebote 2.5,  Dr Boogie, TS808

redeffect

First try your guitar as a signal source while testing with an audio probe.  I have found this is all you need to do 9 times out of 10. Sometimes the simple approach is the way to go. Good luck and may your problem be an ez fix!
red

aron

boogietube

Thanks for the info guys. I have a signal generator already. I don't need to build one. From the diagram it seems that I need to use a 1K signal at 100mv. So thanks for inadvertantly answering my question!!
Sean
Pedals Built- Morley ABC Box, Fultone A/B Box, DIY Stompboxes True Bypass box, GGG Drop in Wah, AMZ Mosfet Boost, ROG Flipster, ROG Tonemender, Tonepad Big Muff Pi.
On the bench:  Rebote 2.5,  Dr Boogie, TS808