wow what a deal

Started by jrem, April 06, 2006, 04:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Marossy

Umm... you can get that for free online, can't you?!  :icon_rolleyes:

barret77

the funniest thing is if you google the exact title of the auction you go straight to Geofex... If this guy manages to find a buyer, that's a sign that you really can make a buck out of anything at ebay...

Mark Hammer

Here's what I find intriguing.  It gets sent to you as an e-mail attachment, yet there is a $2 US Post shipping charge. ??? ::)

bancika

That's for internet time :)
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

Khas Evets

I may buy one and then offer it on eBay for a buck less. I'll be RICH!

JimRayden

Quote from: Mark Hammer on April 06, 2006, 05:08:50 PM
Here's what I find intriguing.  It gets sent to you as an e-mail attachment, yet there is a $2 US Post shipping charge. ??? ::)

But he ships worldwide, isn't that great? :D

Oh, and check this out... "Condition: New" Come on, who wouldn't want to own a brand new digital schematic instead of the ol' second-hand ones available at geofex or GGG. Think of the hygiene for god's sake.

-----------
Jimbo

psiico

If you check his other items he also has a Vox Tonebender schematic for sale.  It'd almost be worth buying them to see if he's at least made his own schematic rather then steal an image from GEO or somewhere.

JimRayden

Quote from: psiico on April 06, 2006, 05:37:51 PM
If you check his other items he also has a Vox Tonebender schematic for sale.  It'd almost be worth buying them to see if he's at least made his own schematic rather then steal an image from GEO or somewhere.

That's perhaps what he's counting on. Anyone who buys his *ahem*, product, is obviously quite unaware of Geo, GGG and these forums. And anyone who knows these pages, will definately not waste 20 bucks. So no steal discovered! How's that for a theory?

----------
Jimbo

Mark Hammer

But here's the thing.  WE assume the world is interconnected because we have so many members here from all over.  But you will note there are only 5265 members as I write.  That's a lot for any "club", but it isn't everybody in the world with an interest in pedals  It is possible that the person is less than scrupulous, but it is also possible that a) the person doesn't know about a place like this or geofex, etc.,  and b) they believe they have something truly rare to sell.

I know it sounds nuts, but I'm serious.  I can tell you that not a month goes by that I learn about something on the net that has been there for years, and I'm thinking "Why the hell didn't I know about this before?".  We're not nearly as interconnected as we'd like to believe.  The world may be a global village these days, but there are a whole lot of people who have never really left their neighbourhood in that village.

R.G.

Not only that, if you take a look at
http://geofex.com/Article_Folders/Rangemaster/drmrjp1.jpg
you'll see where he got his picture. Richard Priestley may have to have a talk with him about copyright violations.

*I* may order a schematic and see if he has other legal problems.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

markm

wonder how much $$ he'd charge to include that  photo in the e-mail attachment?!

burnt fingers

let's give this guy the benefit of the doubt.  these may be NOS rangemaster schems. NOS always gets a premium price.

Scott
Rock and Roll does not take a vacation!!

www.rockguitarlife.com
My Music

gez

I forsee a time when people are going to start pulling stuff from their websites.
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

JimRayden

Quote from: burnt fingers on April 07, 2006, 12:56:01 AM
let's give this guy the benefit of the doubt.  these may be NOS rangemaster schems. NOS always gets a premium price.

Scott

Oh come on, he sends it out as an e-mail! If he DOES have the original schemo which he wants to sell copies of, he could at least make proper paper copies to sell. They don't have any electronic value but some vintage purists may be interested nonetheless.

But R.G. pretty much proves that the seller is quite aware of Geofex, Mark. According to RG's post, this guy seems to be taken care of. Let us know how it turns out.

----------
Jimbo

hank reynolds 3rd

I think diystompboxes.com needs some digital cheerleaders/ra ra girls/PR chicks....skinny tee's for significant others??

Mark Hammer

Quote from: JimRayden on April 07, 2006, 04:19:25 AM
Oh come on, he sends it out as an e-mail! If he DOES have the original schemo which he wants to sell copies of, he could at least make proper paper copies to sell. They don't have any electronic value but some vintage purists may be interested nonetheless.

But R.G. pretty much proves that the seller is quite aware of Geofex, Mark. According to RG's post, this guy seems to be taken care of. Let us know how it turns out.
I like to wait for the evidence before an assumption of guilt, but it seems like the evidence arrived.

But I gotta tell ya.  It seems like every second week I see an ad in the paper for "Pentium 233, 80meg hard drive, colour monitor.  Great for the kids.  $400" (Yes, well I paid $1500 for it new!)  Some folks are so far out of the loop it's ridiculous.  So I give 'em the benefit of the doubt.

jrem

yeah, I surprised he only has one available.  we should bid it up to some ungodly amount with fake user names.

hank reynolds 3rd

Quote from: jrem on April 07, 2006, 10:08:35 AM
yeah, I surprised he only has one available.  we should bid it up to some ungodly amount with fake user names.

:icon_twisted: :icon_mrgreen: :o ;D ::)

gez

Find out if RG is still going to bid on it first.
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter