[Vero Layout] The Crank - Needs Verifying

Started by spudulike, April 07, 2006, 07:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spudulike

First attempt at using MS Paint to show a vero layout. I used the vero templates linked in a couple of other threads, and looked at Trochy's layouts for help.
Now, I built mine using a hand-drawn layout so I might have %^&*ed up the MS Paint version.
Someone care to verify this ?

The one I put on my pedalboard, I drew up a pcb if anyone wants that layout ...

BTW, this is my favourite Boost/OD pedal so far - thanks Mark :)

Toney

Sweet....... (sigh) adds another to the list.
I know how much time these take...thanks  :icon_biggrin:
Toney.

bass_econo

Awesome!  I was just asking about this the other day! Thanks spudulike and Mark!!   :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

spudulike

70 Views, 2 Comments .......................... hmmmmm

Mark Hammer

Wow!  Thanks!  ;D

I gather the views are to find out if anyone has confirmed it.

I find a 1k resistor in series with the diodes in the second stage smooths it out a bit at highest gains.

spudulike

Thanks Mark, I added the resistor on my pcb, but this is a vero layout I used to see how it sounded - ace by the way ;)

Melanhead

Won't have time to build it for a while but thanks for the Vero ... this was one I wanted to try!  :icon_cool:

Xavier

I don't think a booster makes sense in my setup, after trying 3 of them, but definitely this is worth a try. The vero layout looks great.

Hendrik1

Beginners question:

"I find a 1k resistor in series with the diodes in the second stage smooths it out a bit at highest gains"

How do I do that? Can someone point the place where I must put the 1k resistor :icon_neutral:

Mark Hammer

If you're working with the vero layout, the simplest thing is just to unsolder the "top" leads from the two diodes to the left (i.e., the diode leads connecting to pin 7 of the chip), solder a 1k resistor where they used to go, and solder the free end of the 1k and the two diodes together.  Not pretty, but it will work and won't stick up too far.

alfafalfa

Hi Spudalike,

I am getting very curious about this pedal , could you send me the pcb ??
Just like some other people on the forum I must admit I spend more time looking at some amazing designs and ideas but have a chronic lack of time to build it all .

Alfafalfa 

alfafalfa

Thanks , Mark

One day I'm going to build it. Hopefully soon !!

Alfafalfa