ROG Double D... VERO LAYOUT

Started by Toney, April 09, 2006, 10:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toney

This should be fun..
Sweet crunchy drive and then switchable to "11" via a DPDT.
I've only just finished this one, haven't built it yet but it sounds great from the clips I've heard.
Hope you like it.    :D

Coming soon....................Fender Blender

JimRayden

Looks relatively tight and clean. I like it. Will build one. :)

----------
Jimbo

Toney

Groucho voice... reminds me of a dame I met in Philly..

Xavier

This one looks tempting, according to the ROG sound samples. I'll build it. Not right away as Im moving to another apartment this week, but I'm still in need of a high gain dist, and none of the ones I've built seem to suit my needs.

Thanks again Toney

MartyMart

Nice layout ... well done Toney, samples are great for this one ;D

MM
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

ezanker

Hi Toney,
I have this one on the breadboard right now and have yet to try out vero, so I think I'm going to give this a try.

Two questions:
1. In the ROG schematic R7 is 120K and you show it as 470K.  Is this a typo, or did you mod the circuit for a specific reason?
2. R12 appears to be there by accident.  It is not connected to anything and is not shown in the schematic.  Is this just a "cut and paste injury" or maybe left over from a previous revision?

Thank you very much for providing this layout!  As soon as I finish, I'll report back to you...

Erik

Toney

Definite typo. Nice pick up, thanks.

Those 10ks to ground are pot grounding points, looks like I left an extra, I had to be pretty careful to leave enough provisions for wire-holes with this one.

Will update soon.

ezanker

I think my last post yesterday got lost...

Toney, I went ahead and soldered the DoubleD this weekend as my first vero project (only perf up to now).  Your layout worked perfectly, so consider it verified (if it wasn't already).  ;D

For anyone else interested, I recommend this circuit as a good sounding and flexible distortion.  Thanks to ROG for this design and thanks again Toney for providing this layout.

Erik

Toney

My pleasure!

Yours is the first build report I've seen.

I'm happy we can call it verifed.  :D

JimRayden

Building it right now... R3 is 470 ohms, not 470K as noted on your layout. I'll report if I find any more glitches.

----------
Jimbo

Toney

Please note.

The current version is updated, verified and correct.

jdwalker

it would be greatly appreciated if someone could reposed the vero layout, the original image seems to be missing. thanks

jrod

Hey there jdwalker. Search the Gallery (http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php). I'm willing to bet you will find a vero layout of the Double D there.