mess overdrive question

Started by Crawf, April 11, 2006, 07:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crawf

Hi, I have built the Mess Overdrive from the Dragonfly layout gallery and although it works fine the fat switch has me puzzled, it shows it as an SPST switch with three lugs but i can only find a SPST switch with two lugs, is this a typing error and it should be an SPDT switch?
I have used a SPDT labelled "on-on" but cant notice any tonal change when switched,have i used the wrong switch? or is the change so subtle i cant hear it?
Its no big deal but i would like to have the option of the switch working as there is no tone control on the pedal,maybe someone can see something i cant, cheers Crawf.

jeroen_verbeeck

That's an SPDT switch you see there. It lets you choose between those 2 capacitors.
If you don't hear any difference, then change the value of the caps to something that does have a suitable effect, (if you are shure you wired it correctly).

Crawf

Thanks for that, I rewired the switch tonight in case it was wires and wired it as per the layout so maybe i`ll try differant cap values,cheers Crawf.

Austin73

Yaeh can confirm its a spdt switch , well thats what I used anyway! But must say was slightly disappointed with the effect it gave so maybe socket the caps and find one you like

Aus
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

Crawf

Hi again, I removed the original caps that were selected with the switch and put in sockets in their place, i have tried differant values of caps but it still sounds the same, could the layout be wrong? i dont have the knowledge to decide as i`m still a novice and i am building fx from layouts i presume work, maybe a more experianced person would see any probs with the layout or even the originator of the schematic could advise(i`ve built it on stripboard as per the Dragonfly layout, the "fat"switch is the only part i have issues with, the rest of the pedal works fine and i would happily gig with it) cheers Crawf. :icon_confused: