What pedal would YOU most like to see a project for?

Started by nelson, April 12, 2006, 07:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelson

Analog only.

I am finding it hard to come up with ideas for a new pedal project.

I am going to have loads of time after may....

What would you like?

Keep it reasonable, ie no Klon or Hoax.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Dr Ron

Currently, I am coveting Bobble Distortion by General Guitar Gadgets (it's only available as a pedal).
The sound clips have that awesome violin-like quality for singing leads.

Unbeliever

Microsynth. Someone had done layouts a while back, but I think they were only for 3080s???? Also, it'll soak up a lot of that free time .... ;)

nelson

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 12, 2006, 08:18:41 PM
Microsynth. Someone had done layouts a while back, but I think they were only for 3080s???? Also, it'll soak up a lot of that free time .... ;)

That reminds me, I must buy a bundle of 3080's before ROHS.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Unbeliever

Quote from: nelson on April 12, 2006, 08:19:47 PM
That reminds me, I must buy a bundle of 3080's before ROHS.

I lucked out and got 100 from Mouser for $0.50 each or so before they upped the price many months back. I think that's what's known as a 'lifetime buy'. :icon_smile:

RDV

Quote from: Dr Ron on April 12, 2006, 08:10:21 PM
Currently, I am coveting Bobble Distortion by General Guitar Gadgets (it's only available as a pedal).
The sound clips have that awesome violin-like quality for singing leads.

I think it's a Big Muff Pi.

RDV

Dr Ron

Yes, I think he says it's an optimized version of the Bug Muff Pi.

I think a separate topic might be about how to optimize a pedal.
Bobble definitely stands head and shoulders about the other Bug Muffs I've heard.

Is it a matter of matched transistors and setting the trim pots correctly?
GGG does sell the Big Muff circuit board.

I'm also thinking that I need more knowledge about capacitor selection.
I noticed two yellow tantalum caps and two non-polarized electrolytics in the TS-808.
The tantalums are in crucial points for tone control.

RickL

I second the request for the Microsynth. Other suggestions: Mutron Biphase, Boss VB-1 Vibrato, Queen Triggered Wah (do I have that name right?), any Maestro pedal, particularly the Stage series (the ones with the big foot wheels), any Morley pedal (the foot operated phase and flange or one of the Pic series would be particularly cool).

There, that should keep you busy for a while.  :icon_wink:

mac

mac@mac-pc:~$ sudo apt-get install ECC83 EL84

dr

......EH Attack Decay-I've been trying this for about a year now!...... ???

powerplayj

Was the GGG Meteor ever available as a PCB only or just the completed pedal?  Seems like the info is no longer at Doug Hammond's? site as well.  Always heard the Trainwreck was the Holy Grail of amps along with Dumbles but I would be curious to hear what a the pedal emulation of the TR sounds like. 
builds completed: boutique fuzz, rangemaster, BSIAB2, PT-80, Tonepad wah, Ross Comp, Axis Fuzz, MOSFET boost, Thunderchief, Big Muff (triangle), Mr. EQ, Dr. Boogey,  Neovibe, Dist+, EA Tremelo, ADA Flanger, RM Octavia
next build(s): ???

redeffect

A/DA Flanger! Have the schematic; the layout is really proving to be a bitch, though. (SAD 1024 version)
Thanx!
red

brett

Hi.
Analog delay (tape on a DC motor spindle? reverb spring?) flanger.
Kinda like Phil did, but in micro.cheers
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

nelson

Quote from: RickL on April 12, 2006, 09:18:50 PM
Queen Triggered Wah

Quote from: dr on April 12, 2006, 09:18:50 PM
......EH Attack Decay-I've been trying this for about a year now!...... Huh

Quote from: Brett on April 12, 2006, 09:18:50 PM
Analog delay

These are already on my list. The analog delay being a Boss DM-2. I am trying to find out what mods Mr Huge did to the DM-2 circuit for his delay. I forget the name.....

I think I am going to do the DM-2 first.

I am looking for something really obscure.

The microsynth already has a layout for it. All it would need would be to collect the layouts in a PDF (currently in .PPS format) with perhaps a little explanation and an accurate schematic.

The GGG pedals are all clones. Board layouts available at GGG.

Keep the suggestions coming.

:)

My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

brett

Hi.
My request was for a flanger (using analog delay).
Ideas for analog delay: magnetised wire, very short tape loop (around a DC motor spindle?), ionised or magnetic liquid (pumped with a fish-tank pump?), spring (as in reverb tank), short, low-tension guitar string (with coil inducer and hall-effect pickup?), speaker coil current to speaker cone movement (how long is that delay i wonder?).
cheers
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

jonathan perez

no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

nelson

My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

anti-idiot

Quote from: nelson on April 13, 2006, 12:09:06 AM
serious suggestions..... ::) :'(

MXR Dime Distortion. That'd be great... or the Double Shot.
But i wanna know how the DD works, cos Pantera used to have a very thick sound (like an iron wall)
If I was God you'd sell your soul to...

RaceDriver205