What pedal would YOU most like to see a project for?

Started by nelson, April 12, 2006, 07:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan perez

Quote from: nelson on April 13, 2006, 12:09:06 AM
serious suggestions..... ::) :'(

i was serious! hahaha  ;D  :D

i misunderstood, i thought you meant for me.   :D

how about a flanger/chorus/delay that has switches so you can choose 1 at a time, any 2 at a time, or all 3 at a time.

no more microsynths.  ;D
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...

Processaurus

I've been interested in cloning the EH deluxe octave multiplexer since I read an interview with the designer, he seemed very proud of the fundamental extractor in it, and how it avoided warbling on the octaves.   They're so rare they aren't even that expensive, cuz no one knows anything about it.  Did you ever get a chance to take a peak at your friends?  You had mentioned something about that a while ago...

The power supply could be modernized to avoid the obsolete voltage regulator that gives the + and - 12v, I'm sure.  Maybe it could even use a charge pump to work off 9v, if the rest of the circuit would be happy with + and - 9v.  That would be hot.

Nice work on the other deluxe EH stuff you've posted here, by the way.

Zero the hero

I suggest to look for something unique, not very common or something which has been unavailable for the DIy community.
The slow gear is a nice auto swell pedal, but the EH Attack Decay should be a more efficient and better sounding device.
A definitive solution for spring reverb tank driver...
The MN3xxx-based version of the A/DA flanger.

Finally, a real analog guitar synth, such as the EH guitar synth.  :o

Processaurus

Quote from: Zero the hero on April 13, 2006, 01:52:51 AM
Finally, a real analog guitar synth, such as the EH guitar synth.  :o

The EH deluxe octaver uses the same fundamental extractor as the EH guitar synth.  :-*

RaceDriver205

What is this Guitar Synth? Is it the same as the Micro Synth?

Processaurus

Quote from: RaceDriver205 on April 13, 2006, 03:14:21 AM
What is this Guitar Synth? Is it the same as the Micro Synth?

Hi, no it is to the microsynth what the microsynth is to the microamp, or cupcakes.  They only made a few, and its this crazy rack thing with a jillion knobs.  Stephen Giles, a forumite, made one.  A huge and scary looking build.  I don't know but you'd have to be a real hard case to try it.
Here's the schematic if you want to make one  :icon_wink::
http://ampage.org/cgi-bin/hammer/index.cgi?cmd=lt&xid=&fid=&ex=&pg=7

Coriolis

QuoteMXR Dime Distortion. That'd be great... or the Double Shot.
But i wanna know how the DD works, cos Pantera used to have a very thick sound (like an iron wall)

I believe that sound came mostly from those Randall solidstate amps he played...oh, and his fingers!
I'm pretty sure your standard diode-distortion circuit pared with the right eq'ing would do the trick, and I would certainly hazard a guess,
that those MXR boxes are made like that.

But yeah, what a SOUND he had...! Hard to forget, once you've heard it...

Hey Nelson. what about the t.c. electronic xii b/k phaser?
Or the Korg PS3200 triple bandpass filter?
And since I can't find schematics for either of them, it's even more of a challenge  :P

C
Check out some free drum loops and other sounds at my site: http://www.christiancoriolis.com

RaceDriver205

QuoteHere's the schematic if you want to make one   :icon_wink:
Lol, id have to pass on that one. That thing looks nasty, perhaps this stephen giles has layouts etc?
The penfold 'light metal' im working on is being a pain-in-the-butt as I assumed it would be, and its taking up lots of room on the proverbial 'plate'.

The idea of 'they only made a few' always makes things coveted ive noticed. Even if they are the ampeg scrambler and sound like crap :D. One day ill make one fantastic original effect, remove all the part names from the parts and paint them all black. Ill make the circuit with wires only and no PCB, and ill cement it into a brick of black potting mixture. Then my effect will be the most mysterious and coveted in the world!! MUHAHAHA.

You get the idea.

nelson

Quote from: Processaurus on April 13, 2006, 01:45:30 AM
I've been interested in cloning the EH deluxe octave multiplexer since I read an interview with the designer, he seemed very proud of the fundamental extractor in it, and how it avoided warbling on the octaves.   They're so rare they aren't even that expensive, cuz no one knows anything about it.  Did you ever get a chance to take a peak at your friends?  You had mentioned something about that a while ago...

The power supply could be modernized to avoid the obsolete voltage regulator that gives the + and - 12v, I'm sure.  Maybe it could even use a charge pump to work off 9v, if the rest of the circuit would be happy with + and - 9v.  That would be hot.

Nice work on the other deluxe EH stuff you've posted here, by the way.

My friend has sent me board shots of the dlx octave multiplexer. He only sent me the trace side, I need to contact him to get the component side.

And thanks  :)

There is a schematic for the dlx octave multiplexer floating around.

Its on my to do list too.

I am interested in the pearl octave pedal aswell. It runs on a single 9v supply so would be a simpler build for most folks.

I have a cleaned up schematic in my archives for the pearl.
My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X

Mark Hammer

The Gentle Electric Pitch and Envelope Follower.

The Beigel Envelope Controlled Filter.

jorgenkjellgren

ulysses

i would love to see a working lovetone brownsource clone.

i have used the laest schem by gottfried to make a pcb, but like others who built it before me, we only get a slight volume boost and not kickass overdrive.

if some-one clever enough to work it out would make it sound like the one on lovetone.com then that would be fantastic.

cheers
ulysses

geekmacdaddy

I've come across 2 mutron III scenario's...wish I had a clearer one....

Doug_H

Quote from: nelson on April 12, 2006, 11:12:53 PM
The GGG pedals are all clones. Board layouts available at GGG.

Wrong. BSIAB2, Blue Magic, Easy Drive, Thunderchief, Mobius Trip, EQ, etc. are not clones.

I don't get this thread. Are you looking for layouts of existing schems? Current production pedals to clone?

Ideas for new things to develop? (No, no... That can't be it...)

Doug

shark38j

I would really like to see a pedal tuner build (Like the Fender PT-100).  If anyone has any ideas about where I can find something like that please let me know.

Mark Hammer

Actually, in a number of instances, I can think of things that there are currently posted layouts for, but which don't provide the additional pads for many of the tried and true mods to those same devices.

Coriolis

Biphase clone already done:

http://m.bareille.free.fr/audiofx.htm

Holy smokes! Listen to those mp3's at the bottom of the page - I will have to build one someday...

C
Check out some free drum loops and other sounds at my site: http://www.christiancoriolis.com

phaeton

I would like to see some SS amp (big and small)  projects, but would that be better served by its own separate forum?

I realize amps are a whole different sack of monkeys when it comes to skills (cabinetbuilding, power supplies, etc) and costs (cabinet, speaker, tons of knobs, footswitches, etc).  Well, that and nobody else likes SS amps (at least not as a serious unit), except for a handful (RDV and R.G. maybe).

Still, i think SS amps have their uses, and a lot of them have come a long way over the years.
Stark Raving Mad Scientist

nelson

Quote from: Doug_H on April 13, 2006, 11:57:27 AM
Quote from: nelson on April 12, 2006, 11:12:53 PM
The GGG pedals are all clones. Board layouts available at GGG.

Wrong. BSIAB2, Blue Magic, Easy Drive, Thunderchief, Mobius Trip, EQ, etc. are not clones.

I don't get this thread. Are you looking for layouts of existing schems? Current production pedals to clone?

Ideas for new things to develop? (No, no... That can't be it...)

Doug

I apologise. There are ofcourse original designs.

I am looking for ideas for a pedal project that will be put up on toppiccione.

My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X