News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Roland Micro Cube

Started by pagtarplayer, April 02, 2006, 12:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pagtarplayer

I play one these things are the coolest SS amps I have ever heard and I would like to build a clone to use as a head does anyone know where I can find a schematic?

Thanks
Westone guitars forever! You are crazy if you dont like the Roland Micro Cube.
<a href="http://rewardhits.com/index.php?hit=21760">
Wow look at this
</a>

The Tone God

A schematic will mean nothing without the software.

Andrew

Peter Snowberg

It is a DSP based amp.  :icon_wink:

I wonder if the modeling is simply a detailed EQ?
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

pagtarplayer

Wow look at this
</a>

JimRayden

I was its happy owner for quite a while when I wasn't such an analogue purist I've become today. I don't think it's the best SS amp but it certainly is the best goddamn amp for the money, portability and volume.

And yes, copying a digital amp ain't no walk in the park. Perhaps you should e-mail Roland and ask for the software because your amp cought a virus and needed a format. ;D Then trace the rest and you've got yourself a copy.

Okay, jokes aside, what you could do is to open up the Cube, take out the pots and circuitry, then try to remove the power amp (should be on a separate pcb), build a new one (for more output power), build a custom head cab and fill it up. Either that or just buy yourself a Cube 30 or 60. :D

---------
Jimbo

pagtarplayer

Quote from: JimRayden on April 03, 2006, 10:49:35 AM
Perhaps you should e-mail Roland and ask for the software because your amp cought a virus and needed a format. ;D Then trace the rest and you've got yourself a copy.
Its still in warranty maybe ill tell them it blew the ic or whatever it is ( ill have to look). :)
Wow look at this
</a>

rockgardenlove

Cool amp!

And yeah, it will be hard to get the software...

Peter Snowberg

Roland has their own chips too. No software, no hardware.
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

RDV

I like it but no effects blend kinda kills the fun for me. It's sort of all or none.

RDV

JimRayden

Quote from: Peter Snowberg on April 04, 2006, 11:40:48 PM
Roland has their own chips too. No software, no hardware.

Then you just tell them your dog desoldered and ate the chip. Geesh, do I have to think of everything? ::)

----------
Jimbo

JimRayden

Quote from: RDV on April 06, 2006, 07:03:11 AM
I like it but no effects blend kinda kills the fun for me. It's sort of all or none.

RDV

Actually, considering that it had 5 effects within one turn of knob, the control was quite well modelled. It sure looks like 'all or none' but the in-between-positions were quite satisfactory. Not offering perfect control over the effects but more than enough for campfire-rockin'.

-----------
Jimbo