Victory! (First-and-a-halfth Build)

Started by Antero, August 10, 2006, 03:27:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antero

I boxed my Bazz Fuss tonight (used the RunOffGroove perf layout)!  Just about shat myself with delight when the big blue LED came on.  It actually works!  Whoa!  Cool fuzz, bit of a nasal peak that would probably be in a great place on bass, very short sustain with interesting decay character - though, the sustain would probably be longer if I wasn't using my Danelectro when I tried it out.  Output?  What's that?

I feel so competant!  The bassist should like this one.

Now the only question is, what do I put on it?  The box is just plain white (Smallbear powder coated) and I have to admit that it's not exactly shiny new now that I'm done taking power tools to it.

Ge_Whiz

Congratulations! The ol' Bazz Fuss is a bit short on sustain when the input level is low - you could try including a single-transistor booster stage before it to pep it up a bit. Now decorate the box with either spray paints or a bicycle chain.

Sorry to hear about the incontinence problem, but it'll probably clear up with time.

MartyMart

Well done :D
Bazz Fuzz was also one of my first "workers" some time ago ...

MM
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com