9V Electric Mistress project file done (Bernardduur??)

Started by markusw, April 24, 2006, 12:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilponiz

....help would be highly appreciated. thanks in advance

poniz

ilponiz

please, any information would be really appreciated...i'd like to sort everything out as that burning resistor is a nightmare for me  ??? ??? ??? ???

poniz

ruispeeds

There are 2 power supply inputs, one for battery and one for a transformer or whatever, if you connect the Power supply + to the Batt + the resistor will burn.

ilponiz

Quote from: ruispeeds on October 26, 2008, 06:01:46 AM
There are 2 power supply inputs, one for battery and one for a transformer or whatever, if you connect the Power supply + to the Batt + the resistor will burn.

hi ruispeeds, thanks for your message...
so, the two power supply inputs cannot be run together, isn't it? i mean, i soldered the red wire coming from the power supply positive pin to the pad marked "V+ Power Supply" on the board; and then the red wire coming from the battery clip to the "V+ battery". is that the error?

thanks in advance

poniz

markusw

Quotei mean, i soldered the red wire coming from the power supply positive pin to the pad marked "V+ Power Supply" on the board;

Did you check the orientation of the zener diode? If the zener was in the wrong orientation the 10R would burn. Also there might be a short between V+ and ground somewhere around the zener.

ilponiz

Quote from: markusw on October 28, 2008, 05:18:35 AM
Quotei mean, i soldered the red wire coming from the power supply positive pin to the pad marked "V+ Power Supply" on the board;

Did you check the orientation of the zener diode? If the zener was in the wrong orientation the 10R would burn. Also there might be a short between V+ and ground somewhere around the zener.

hi markusw, thanks for your help. i'm quite sure that the zener and all the polarized elements are placed correctly (but i'll check again). as for a possible short between V+ and ground around the zener...i will carefully look for something like that!

i made a few pics of the board (sorry, they're slightly blurred...hopefully i'll replace them with better ones soon)

the first one is the board

the second one is a close up of the area with the burned resistor (it's just above the IC on the right side of the pic)

thanks again
poniz

ilponiz

Quote from: ilponiz on October 28, 2008, 02:35:12 PM
Quote from: markusw on October 28, 2008, 05:18:35 AM

thanks again markus, i just redrawn and etched a pcb based on your layout. i did it in order to avoid my messy soldering, hope you don't mind!
:)

here's a pic of the work in progress (i'll test it in the next days and can look forward to hear a nice flanging sound coming out!)

and another one

have a nice day
poniz

markusw

Quotei just redrawn and etched a pcb based on your layout. i did it in order to avoid my messy soldering, hope you don't mind!

Not at all.  :) Looks verry nice! Actually, it's not really my layout. Basically, I just copied the original one.

Good luck with your first test!

ilponiz

Quote from: markusw on November 13, 2008, 09:25:49 AM
Quotei just redrawn and etched a pcb based on your layout. i did it in order to avoid my messy soldering, hope you don't mind!

Not at all.  :) Looks verry nice! Actually, it's not really my layout. Basically, I just copied the original one.

Good luck with your first test!

just tested...clean sound comes through and clean sound (no flanging at all) even when the effect is engaged!!!!!

so, i triple checked the polarized caps, the diodes, the IC's and wiring. I tested it by using two different NOS sad1024 but still no flanger...any idea?
i'm including new pictures of the pedal.
the only modifications or substitution i added are:
-redrawn of the pcb layout (simply by removing the extra ground area, mainly)
-modification of the ground pads due to an error in placing the 9v jack (you can see in the pic i tried to fit everything by cutting a small portion of the pcb and adding a jumper to the ground rail)
-substitution of the 13K resistor with a 12k one
-i jumpered the pads of the filter matrix (which i didn't need)

please, help me in debugging this as i think i'm just few steps away from having it working!
thank you guys

poniz

the inner of the pedal with the pcb and everything...

and, just to let you know how the pedal looks like, here's the artwork for the pedal: