FuzzFactory wire unattached

Started by distortedskies, April 26, 2006, 10:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

distortedskies

Hey guys my buddy has a Zvex FuzzFactory and the black wire of the battery connector came unattached and I don't know where it is supposed to go on the PC Board. I was wondering if someone who has a fuzzfactory could look and tell me where it is connected to.  it is an older one with the handpainting.  any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

petemoore

I betcha Zachary Vex knows that one...have you tried contacting the Manufacturer?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

barret77

Zvex has FFactory forums on its site, if you post it there he'll reply you quickly.

Paul Marossy

Quotethe black wire of the battery connector came unattached and I don't know where it is supposed to go on the PC Board.

I believe that would be connected to the input jack, not the PCB.

Mark Hammer

Paul's right.  On the vast majority of pedals (assuming negative ground), the "black wire" of the battery connector is soldered to the ring lug of the stereo input jack.  You can find out more about it in the FAQ document, if you follow the link at the top left of the screen.

But, um, while I do not wish to blow anyone's cover here, perhaps someone with more insider knowledge might be willing to volunteer whether the FF is pos-ground or neg ground?

Paul Marossy

I believe that it's a PNP negative ground circuit.

puretube

nelson

My project site
Winner of Mar 2009 FX-X