DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GodSaveMetal

Well I do IT sometimes; is it for my interest of course I read IT!!!!!

Perrow

Quote from: GodSaveMetal on January 26, 2011, 10:25:57 AM
Well I do IT sometimes; is it for my interest of course I read IT!!!!!

Well, I won't say I read them (and I didn't, did I :) ) but occasionally I look things up.

If you're gonna write something, make sure you write things that people might look up. The checkboxes are something I think I would've looked up, had I known of the existence of a manual ;)
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

GodSaveMetal

~arph

The trouble with manuals is that you have to keep them up to date.. Also, the programmer can't write it as he/she has a differnt approach to the software made.

bancika

Version 3.0.4 is released.

If you're running older version 3.0.x, you should be able to see the yellow light bulb in the bottom left corner indicating that updates are available. Click on it gives the list of changes and download link. From now on, I'll keep that feed updated.

After I released 3.0.4, I found that editing numerical values is messed up. I'll fix that in the next round, but there should be enough good stuff in this version to make it worth checking out.

http://code.google.com/p/diy-layout-creator/downloads/detail?name=diylc-3.0.4-alpha.zip&can=2&q=

Cheers,
Bane
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

snarblinge

wow this thing is beautiful, churs.

found it easier to stick with the old old one until I became solely a mac user, now this thing is stunning.

thank you
b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

bancika

glad you like it, stay tuned for the updates. Component API is fluctuating less and less, so I'll start adding more components soon.
Last night I added resistor color codes, looks pretty cool  :icon_idea:

Cheers

~arph

I just had a small testdrive.. Very nice!!  I like what you did with the wires, I just implemented the same (the bezier cvontrol points)  ;D
I like the individual component alpha too!
What are you using for graphics?

I'm impressed!

bancika

~arph

Wow that is a lot of work then, good job on the performance too. I'm using OpenGL (JOGL) takes some time to get used to it but it works very nice as well.

Perrow

Coming along nicely. Things I'm missing at the moment (that I don't know you're working on)

* Ability to change the alpha of a selected set of components.
* Hide grid (could be an option when saving to png or pdf).
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

~arph

I miss:

Zooming with the scroll wheen..
Panning with the scroll wheel pressed

GodSaveMetal

It's compatible whit the v1!!! yeah that stuff it's great!!!!! please actualise the 100 of components!!!!! thank for your work!!!!!!

bancika

Quote from: Perrow on January 28, 2011, 08:35:12 AM
Coming along nicely. Things I'm missing at the moment (that I don't know you're working on)

* Ability to change the alpha of a selected set of components.
* Hide grid (could be an option when saving to png or pdf).

you can change alpha of multiple components, just select them and go to edit. The problem is that all of their alpha values need to be the same before you edit. I'll think of a better solution. For now it's done like that because I can't show alpha value if there are two or more different values in the set.

Grid is automatically hidden when you export. Do you think it should be there?

Cheers,
Bane

pinkphiloyd

I just downloaded this and I'm playing with it and it's very cool.  I'm very new to this though and I want to play with a bunch of stuff.  Does anybody have idea what was used to do this?  I like the large, clean, look.  It's easy to see for me.  I stole this image from 11 gauge at tdpri.  I asked over there, but I'm afraid a response may be a bit slow in forthcoming.  I'm not trying to detract from the program in this thread, it seems really great.  I'd like to play with both.

fatfoohy

Perhaps im totally retarded.......but i just downloaded 3.0.4, and i can't use any of the version 1 files, and there aren't any transistors.  Also, i cant run version 1, i just got my computer upgraded with windows 7, and it just says No Active Document, and Failed To Set Data For " " when i try to open the program, i've tried reinstalling it multiple times
having leftover parts is just proof that you made it better!!!!

GodSaveMetal

It's a beta prove program there's no tranies and I put a DIY layout of version 1 and can read it; I have a widows XP version sp2 and it's fine for me!!!!

Barcode80

Quote from: fatfoohy on January 29, 2011, 11:59:55 PM
Perhaps im totally retarded.......but i just downloaded 3.0.4, and i can't use any of the version 1 files, and there aren't any transistors.  Also, i cant run version 1, i just got my computer upgraded with windows 7, and it just says No Active Document, and Failed To Set Data For " " when i try to open the program, i've tried reinstalling it multiple times

2 things:

right click on the shortcut/file and go to properties. go to the compatibility tab, and select Windows XP for the compatibility mode

also, on that same tab at the bottom, select "run as administrator."

that should fix it.

bancika

it opens v1 files but only reads those components that are available at the moment.
Btw, I added two type of transistors and LED, stay tuned  :icon_wink:

mhartington

So i just downloaded it and when i tried to open it I got a message that said there was an error and the file couldn't be open. I read the note on the site about having to do something with the MAC terminal but...to quote Mccoy in some sense, im a diy pedal maker, not a computer exert  :D How do fix the mac problem?