DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artifus

Quote from: bancika on September 04, 2012, 05:35:26 AM
did you name the file exactly config.properties and put it next to diylc.jar? Can you post the latest log file from logs dir?

yes. will pm logs if of any use. mostly opens as if for the first time, sometimes not - i always change theme from default - but still does not remember templates, component preferences, recently used, etc.

also noticed the alpha on electro caps and leds and when editing caps it offers only height, not diameter, which changes nothing. *i am a blind idiot*

have downloaded 3.15 three times now, removed and reinstalled all java - same probs.

not complaining, dude, love the software and really appreciate your effort - just a heads up.

rockhorst

I started working with DIYLC again. Any idea why it doesn't print to scale? I have to export to PDF and manually ajust the document size in Photoshop now to get the right dimensions.
Nucleon FX - PCBs at the core of tone

J0K3RX

Is there a bug in the transparency? I can't get it turned off on most of the caps even with the slider all the way to the right and all the way to the left makes them totally disapear... makes it hard to read!  ver 3.15
Doesn't matter what you did to get it... If it sounds good, then it is good!

bancika

yeah, there seems to be a bug in transparency, I'll take a look.

@rockhorst, I didn't notice that before, I'll try. anyone else?
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

Perrow

I seem to remember something like that when printing a project where I've changed the size of the "background", I'll look at it next time my computer is hooked to a printer.
My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

rockhorst

Also, I sometimes have a 'ghost dot' at a grid point, that can't be removed...Also noticed it a few versions back (haven't used it for a while). It pops up randomly after installing thn deleting a trace or solder pad.
Nucleon FX - PCBs at the core of tone

deadastronaut

Quote from: rockhorst on September 05, 2012, 04:39:33 PM
I started working with DIYLC again. Any idea why it doesn't print to scale? I have to export to PDF and manually ajust the document size in Photoshop now to get the right dimensions.

no problem here...i export pcb traces, comes out fine.
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

artifus

just a brief report - i've been sticking with 3.15 - and have recently upgraded inkscape which had also been playing funny buggers and it has cleared up a few but not all of my previously reported problems. i've no idea as to whether these were unique to my system or not. just a heads up.

loki

Hi there,
I've been using the new 3.15.0 version in the past days and I can tell you I haven't found any problem so far. The previous version (sorry I don't remember the exact version number)  crashed every time I wanted to insert a label component, now that problem is gone.
Awesome program anyway!

I'm on a Mac running Mountain Lion, and some time ago I wrote a little Automator app to launch DIY Layout Creator without always opening the terminal and typing in the command line. It has worked flawlessly so far, so I have no complaints about that. However I recently discovered OSX comes with a little app called Jar Bundler which basically turns a Java application into an App Bundle that works exactly like any other OSX App.
Unfortunately I've tried to build the bundle but had no success so far, the Jar Bundler app asks for some info about the Java application you want to convert to an app bundle and since I know nothing about java I guess I'm just doing it wrong.
Has any of you tried to do this? Maybe if we get it working it could be a nice thing for all the Mac users.

Oh, and just for the heck of it, would it be possible to have an hi-res (or whatever res) image of the program icon?

Thanks!

bancika

I have a 48x48 icon and I'll add it. Feel feel to contribute a prettier, bigger icon :)

Btw, can someone verify that OSX distribution works fine on their machines? I tried on one and it was fine.
http://code.google.com/p/diy-layout-creator/downloads/list
Just download one that says OSX and run

loki

Works fine on my mac, thanks!

I'll see if I can come up with a bigger icon, I'm not a graphic designer but maybe I can put together something...

bancika

@loki, just to make sure, you tried the dedicated mac build that has DIYLC.app?

since there's confusion around component templates, I added an instructional video

loki

yes, I've downloaded the dedicated mac version that has DIYLC.app (3.16.0) and it works without problems.
The only thing I changed was that I added these lines of code:

<key>apple.laf.useScreenMenuBar</key>
<string>true</string>

under the Properties key in the info.plist file inside the app bundle. That way you use the OSX menu bar on top for the file/edit/config/lock layers/help menu and it feels more like a mac app.
I think you could choose it as an option in the Jar Bundler program too.

bancika

Interesting, do you have a screenshot? I'm not a mac user so I don't know what's that about :)

loki

I'm working on it, sorry I'm a bit busy/not much in front of the computer these days. But basically the menu bar is pulled from the application window and placed on the main osx menu bar on top (the equivalent of the win task bar), which is what every mac app does.

bancika

can someone try the latest version, especially the OSX builld. I added screen menu support.
tnx

snarblinge

Hmmm haven't updated on the iMac for a while, the latest version I don't have any inks I can place, just an empty "recently used" what have I done wrong.... Downloaded minutes ago. Latest Os got past the not a valid program hurdle.
b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com

bancika

ah, ok, I messed up something for mac in 3.17...will be fixed in 3.18.

bancika

Quote from: snarblinge on September 25, 2012, 06:47:31 AM
Hmmm haven't updated on the iMac for a while, the latest version I don't have any inks I can place, just an empty "recently used" what have I done wrong.... Downloaded minutes ago. Latest Os got past the not a valid program hurdle.

how about now?

snarblinge

b.

snarblinge.tumblr.com