DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bancika

interesting. Can you email me the files from logs folder? It's bancika AT gmail DOT com
Tnx
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

Marcos - Munky

Actually, I just got it to work when I took a look at the log file before sending to you, and here's what is happening. I had extracted the files on a folder located at my desktop. The log files shows this error:

12:48:12,514 ERROR [main] Presenter - Error loading component types
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Marc%c3%a3o\Desktop\diylc-3.37.0\lib\diylc-core.jar

My user name is actually Marcão, with an ã. I've checked the folder, and diylc-core.jar is there. So the issue is when DIYLC tries to read the folder name, with %c3%a3 instead of ã. Then I moved the folder to somewhere else that isn't linked to the users folder to get rid of that ã (just moved it to another partition), and now it works beautifully! Thanks a lot!

bancika

Yes, that's a known issue. I've been trying to figure it out :)
Cheers

Marcos - Munky

Ah, didn't knew about that. What about to create an "install.exe" file? It could be a fix, since nobody will install a software in a folder at their desktops (I think).

bancika

I haven't built installer yet because it would slow down my deployment process. I'll investigate if it's possible to make installer automatically during the building process. Any manual actions would be a pain.

bancika

update: figured out a way to automatically build installers, so I'll include windows installer with the next update

bancika

v3.38.0 is out, grab it here https://github.com/bancika/diy-layout-creator/releases/latest

[New Feature] Added 'Recent Files' to the main menu to keep track of the previous 10 files
[New Feature] Hold Control key to zoom with mouse wheel. Zooming (somewhat) tracks mouse cursor position
[New Feature] Ability to set project-wide default font through 'Edit Project Settings' dialog
[New Feature] Added wizard installer for Windows that associates the app with .DIY files automatically
[Improvement] Moved config and auto-save file locations to standard user directory instead of using the app directory
[Improvement] Do not allow creating zero-length components (e.g. traces, lines, etc)
[Improvement] Hookup wire can be sent to back behind boards
[Improvement] Solder pads can be sent behind copper traces to allow creating white border around traces on top of a ground plane
[Improvement] Ability to edit color of copper traces, curved traces and solder pads at the same time when they are all selected
[Improvement] Tooltip doesn't cover buttons in the right side of the status bar
[Bug Fix] Component library empty if the app is installed in a folder that contains special characters in the name

Kipper4

Thanks I'll try that. Love my diylc.
Cracking job installed and allo new templates saved. Thanks
Ma throats as dry as an overcooked kipper.

Smoke me a Kipper. I'll be back for breakfast.

Grey Paper.
http://www.aronnelson.com/DIYFiles/up/

GGBB

Quote from: bancika on April 20, 2017, 05:49:23 AM
v3.38.0 is out, grab it here https://github.com/bancika/diy-layout-creator/releases/latest

Thanks Bancika. Somehow I missed 3.37.

One minor annoyance. When I open a file that has the old "tubular" resistors, they show as tubular, but if I edit the component, the selected shape is "standard" and when I close the editor even using cancel, the standard shape is applied. I am happy to have them back though!
  • SUPPORTER

bancika

that's not supposed to happen, I'll check on Monday. I have few new cool features pending, will release soon.

duck_arse

bancika - back when I was using xfig and fig, it allowed grouping within groupings, and ungrouping at the top level preserved all the lower level groups until they were selected and ungrouped, as required. when I group, group, group in diylc (3.28.0 on linux), and then ungroup, I lose all the lower groups as well, and it leaves me with a mess of things to tie together again.

I must admit (I also love my diylc) I am using and abusing the program to do half-arsed 3d layouts at the moment, but I was wondering if one of your updates since, or a feature planned, included preserving sub-groupings when ungrouping.

thanks for the program.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

bancika

Fixed some issues and made few improvements and new features. Grab it while you can https://github.com/bancika/diy-layout-creator/releases/tag/v3.39.0

[New Feature] Assign F1-F12 keys as shortcuts for frequently used component types or building blocks
[New Feature] Type-in selection nudge
[New Feature] Show and hide each individual layer
[New Feature] Red ticks on both rulers mark selection bounds, blue tick tracks cursor position
[Improvement] Improve precision for Solder Pad and Copper Trace by not rounding the size up or down
[Improvement] Show selection size in both inches and centimeters
[Improvement] Use standard OSX/Mac "command" key for menu shortcuts and to un-stuck components
[Improvement] Use balloon to show announcements and update notifications
[Improvement] Moved logs to user's home directory
[Bug Fix] Issues with DIL and SIL IC pin alignment when using metric grid and pin spacing
[Bug Fix] Resistor changes shape on its own

Perrow

My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

bancika

Yeah, I've been going through the list of request and implementing things I thought would bring the most value.

Still have a lot of your requests open :)

Cheers

GGBB

Quote from: bancika on April 25, 2017, 09:06:01 AM
[Improvement] Improve precision for Solder Pad and Copper Trace by not rounding the size up or down

Sweet!

Thanks.
  • SUPPORTER

Perrow

Quote from: bancika on April 25, 2017, 09:33:40 AM
Still have a lot of your requests open :)

I'll take that as a comment on the value of my requests   :P

:icon_mrgreen:

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

bancika

I take your comments seriously, you are one of the power users of DIYLC. It's just that some are easier to fit within the existing infrastructure than the others.

Let me know how you like the new features

Cheers

Perrow

Quote from: bancika on April 26, 2017, 04:19:56 AM
I take your comments seriously, you are one of the power users of DIYLC. It's just that some are easier to fit within the existing infrastructure than the others.

Let me know how you like the new features

Cheers

I know, no worries. Browsed my "issues" and those left are not critical in any way.

I was a power user and hopefully I'll be one again soon. Lost my workspace for a while but I'm looking to fix that soon.

Cheers indeed.

bancika

Anyone here still uses the old v2? I know folks from http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.rs/ still do.

I'm finishing up importer, so we can open v2 files in the latest v3 version hoping we can finally retire v2 for good :) Importer is not perfect, since component set is not exactly the same, but it should work fine in most cases.

If there's anyone who has v2 files let me know, so we can try and see how successful it is in real world.

Cheers,
Bane

auden100

Illustrator by day. Pedal tinkerer by night.
www.artstation.com/auden