DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jellyjams

Tiny bug on 3.40.0: The default project font reverts to Tahoma if I ever undo with Ctrl+Z.

Keep up the good work ;)
"Tagawasak ng pekpek" (I'm smarter than you think)

Boxed builds: TS9, Rat, Blue Box, Pitch Pirate, Deep Blue Delay, Equinox II, CE-2 (in progress)

Plexi

I would love some function that automatically fills all the ground traces.. like effectslayout blog layouts.
:)
To you, buffered bypass sucks tone.
To me, it sucks my balls.

Hatredman

Quote from: Plexi on September 01, 2017, 07:32:23 PM
I would love some function that automatically fills all the ground traces.. like effectslayout blog layouts.

That would be nice indeed.
Kirk Hammet invented the Burst Box.

Plexi

Quote from: Hatredman on September 01, 2017, 09:08:29 PM
Quote from: Plexi on September 01, 2017, 07:32:23 PM

That would be nice indeed.
I know David (aka storybordist: a genius, btw) use Photoshop for that.
I use Paint [emoji1]

Perrow

My stompbox wiki -> http://rumbust.net

Keep this site live and ad free, donate a dollar or twenty (and add this link to your sig)

Plexi

bancika

anyone with a Mac computer willing to run a quick experiment? I'm trying to upgrade to java 8 and wanted to make sure that it runs on macs that only have java 8 and not java 6.

thanks,
Bane
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

~arph

bancika

Lovely, I uploaded a prototype to http://diy-fever.com/temp/DIYLC.app.zip
In theory, it should work as long as 3rd party apps are enabled in the gatekeeper.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Bane

~arph

I replaced the existing DIYLC in applications. When I start it it prompts me for legacy Java SE 6.
I have no gatekeeper I think. I am running High Sierra (10.13.3)

bancika

~arph

~arph

I  did a little experiment.

In the Info.plist file I replaced the Java keyword with JavaX

Then when I click it I get the 'this application is damaged message'.  after:

sudo codesign --force --sign - /Applications/DIYLC.app

I can't run it because it is untrusted. Then I say open anyway in preferences. WhenI open it, I get prompted for java SE 6 again. 

So nothing seems fixed, but it does seem that the version you gave me is trusted by default now/or that the Java key is triggering the dialog before the trust check.

rockola

Quote from: bancika on February 19, 2018, 09:51:56 AM
Lovely, I uploaded a prototype to http://diy-fever.com/temp/DIYLC.app.zip
In theory, it should work as long as 3rd party apps are enabled in the gatekeeper.
Enabling 3rd party apps from unknown developers is quite tricky in current versions of OSX, since the "Anywhere" choice is not there anymore - unless you disable Gatekeeper from the command line.

Double clicking the prototype gives the familiar "app is damaged and can't be opened" dialog caused by Gatekeeper.

However, running it from the command line works just fine. In that case, Gatekeeper is not triggered. The command is:

~/Downloads/DIYLC.app/Contents/MacOS/JavaApplicationStub (assuming you unzipped it in Downloads)

I have only Java 1.8 ("1.8.0_102" to be exact). There are a lot of exceptions when the app starts; the GUI comes up fine though. I did not test it any further.

~arph

bancika

they are making it increasingly complicated for me to maintain DIYLC for OSX  :icon_neutral:
They push to upgrade to java 8...but with java 8 it seems that I need to build the app under OSX to be able to run on OSX...and then there's the whole signing BS. I know very little about macs and I don't own a mac, a and that becomes a problem. I'm thinking about dropping the OSX build and just leave the command line option.

Btw, ~arph, that's curious because I built the app using java 8, how can it still ask for legacy java? In manifest file it says

Created-By: 1.8.0_121-b13 (Oracle Corporation)

what rockola found makes sense to me, command line should work. Hmm...f'ing apple :)

cctsim

in 3.40 version, is it possible to have the value of a resistor inside the resistor like the one the left resistor on the image below ?

cctsim

GGBB

• SUPPORTER

bancika

Yes, it shouldn't look like the one on the left. How did you get it to look like that? What's your OS?