DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r080

Quote from: bancika on March 23, 2020, 08:51:44 AM
Hi everyone. It's been a while  :icon_redface:

I had some spare time due to self isolation and I started working on upgrading DIYLC to Java 8 to avoid issues with newer Mac OS versions that have deemed Java 6 obsolete. Also I started working on a new app icon instead of the generic one used before.

Any Mac users here? Can you please download the beta version below and give it a test on your machine?

https://github.com/bancika/diy-layout-creator/files/4369400/diylc-4.0.1-osx.zip

Mac user here; successfully installed with JAVA 8. I have never used DIYLC before, but it seems to be working.
Rob

11-90-an

flip flop flip flop flip

ttt23

Launches for a few secs then closes on mine. Latest Java 8 OSX 10.13.6

Quote from: r080 on April 16, 2020, 03:11:55 PM
Quote from: bancika on March 23, 2020, 08:51:44 AM
Hi everyone. It's been a while  :icon_redface:

I had some spare time due to self isolation and I started working on upgrading DIYLC to Java 8 to avoid issues with newer Mac OS versions that have deemed Java 6 obsolete. Also I started working on a new app icon instead of the generic one used before.

Any Mac users here? Can you please download the beta version below and give it a test on your machine?

https://github.com/bancika/diy-layout-creator/files/4369400/diylc-4.0.1-osx.zip

Elijah-Baley

Hello. I want to install DIYLC on my new Ubuntu 20.04, but nothing I tried has worked.
I need some help, please.

Thanks!
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»
Elijah Baley in Isaac Asimov's The Cave Of Steel

bluebunny

What did you try, E-B?  I'm running DIYlc on Lubuntu 20.04.  I unzipped the package into its own folder in /usr/local/bin.  If I remember right, I think I had to update run.sh to get it to run.  Getting it associated automagically with *.diy files was a little trickier, but it's working for me now.  PM me and I can try to send you what I did.
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Elijah-Baley

I can't find it in Ubuntu software.
And I tried the commands found here: https://www.unixmen.com/install-diy-layout-creator-ubuntulinux-mint/ and here: https://snapcraft.io/install/diy-layout-creator/ubuntu.
But nothing, just errors.
I guess I need some instructions, it seems a bit complicated.
«There is something even higher than the justice which you have been filled with. There is a human impulse known as mercy, a human act known as forgiveness.»

bluebunny

Start by downloading this zip file, then unzip it (as I said, I unzipped into /usr/local/bin/diylc - but it can go anywhere).  Then try to execute run.sh (it needs to be executable: $ chmod 755 run.sh) and let us know what happens - I think it may need a little editing...
  • SUPPORTER

Elijah-Baley

I downloaded the file.
I unzipped in a random folder because I can't create folders in the same directory you have.
I executed the file run.sh, it's open with an text editor and the contain is:

java -Xms512m -Xmx2048m -Dorg.diylc.scriptRun=true -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -cp diylc.jar:lib org.diylc.DIYLCStarter

duck_arse

I'm a few linux's behind, but I've got a shell script to run diylc, and the first line is

#!/bin/bash
cd programs/diylc

then the java ...... line. you need to change into the directory with the "diylc.jar" file. I think.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER

Elijah-Baley

Ok, thanks guys.
I created my folder just like you, bluebunny. So this is the directory: /usr/local/bin/diylc and here there's the folder named diylc-4.7.0 extract from the zip file.
And first I tried to insert in my run.sh file the code bluebunny written me privately. I think I can write it here, right?

cd /usr/local/bin/diylc
java -Xms512m -Xmx2048m -Dorg.diylc.scriptRun=true -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -cp diylc.jar:lib org.diylc.DIYLCStarter "$*"

And now? I tried to oopne the *.exe file, but I got an error.
In case there's something wrong with the directory I tried to edit like this, too.

cd /usr/local/bin/diylc/diylc-4.7.0
java -Xms512m -Xmx2048m -Dorg.diylc.scriptRun=true -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -cp diylc.jar:lib org.diylc.DIYLCStarter "$*"

But nothing.

What's wrong?

bluebunny

You don't want to run the .exe file - that's for Windows.  Just execute run.sh:

$ ./run.sh

That should start up DIYlc.  Making an association with *.diy files is another matter and depends on your file manager (I've got PCManFM-Qt).
  • SUPPORTER

Elijah-Baley

bluebunny

It needs to be executable.  Did you run it in a shell?  Don't double-click on it.
  • SUPPORTER

Elijah-Baley

In the terminal  I am in the folder where the run.sh is placed now: /usr/local/bin/diylc/diylc-4.7.0
But if I do this:

$ ./run.sh

it says that the file or the directory doesn't exist. :-\

bluebunny

Show us exactly what messages you get (and exactly what command you type and where you are).  A screenshot would be good.
  • SUPPORTER

Elijah-Baley

I ma a little bit ahead, I think. I give some permission or whatever.
Executing the run.sh from the terminal now I got an error like this:

line 2: java: command not found

(I translated it from Italian.)

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER

Elijah-Baley

bluebunny

• SUPPORTER