DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bancika

I will fix that bug with list update, nothing serious.
Since green/black combination got no votes (reminds me on Black Adder episode when they cheat on elections) I will leave yellowish version as official program icon. Thanks to everyone who voted :)
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

Gilles C

I am pretty sure I was using the latest version when I experimented the 40th column bug. It was also doing the same thing with 60 columns.

But I just tried the latest version in an hotel room computer that has internet access, and it worked ok.

I'll check the version I have on my laptop when I get back home.

Gilles

bancika

Done trimmers!

Any other component suggestions?
As for 40th column bug, can someone confirm it please.

Austin73

Great work so far but how about inductors, transformers and valves.

Keep the Faith

Aus
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

Austin73

oh and led/ldr thingies , Vactrols? And a bike and a scalectrix!

Cancel last two but the vactrol is a genuine request

Aus
Bazz Fuss, Red LLama, Harmonic Jerkulator, LoFo MoFo, NPN Boost, Bronx Cheer, AB Box, Dual Loop, Crash Sync

bancika

Transformer is great idea. For LED/LDR  you can use IC, just change name :)
As for inductors, I'm not sure how to draw them, any idea?
For valves, they are not mounted on board, so I don't thing they are necessary.
This is the first time I've ever heard about vactrols, what a heck is that?  :icon_biggrin:

Austin73

sorry they are the led/ldr package that you buy from small bear etc opto couplers i think their proper name is

http://www.banzaieffects.com/home.php?cat=311

Hope that helps

JimRayden

Oh that neverending stream of features...

By the way, there are several types of trimmers. You might want to do the trimmers like IC's because there are also the ones that lie down on the board. I think they are 5x3 holes. I don't know about others but I use both of them.

----------
Jimbo

bancika

yeah, I know. I have those 5x3 ones. I'll see what can be done

Update: I've just added horizontal trimmers (5x3). It's the same component, just program decides if trimmer is horizontal or vertical according to hole position. And to make things easier, for transistors and trimmers when you click on source hole all available holes turn to light green, so user where to click. It can get complicated with trimmers, because there are maximum 16 available holes for destination.

rockgardenlove

Hmm, there are a few different types of trimmers...can you make some different ones too?  Like some 3 in a row pin setups, etc?

bancika

Damn, and I was happy with these two types. Who uses other ones, anyway :)
And instead that pretty invisible hint box on the bottom, now I have ballon hint that jumps to give information on placing components. It can be turned off, once you get it right.

Gilles C

Here is an update about the bug I mentioned.

I am indeed using the latest version. But I found something else.

If I use the program in the original window size as choosen by the program, it works well. But if I maximise the window to full screen, I can't add any component to the last column on the right, for width sizes of 20, 40 or 60. But it works for width sizes of 19, 21, 39, 41, etc...

So the reason I thought it was not working only with a width of 40 is because I was not maximising the window for width of 20, but I had to do it for a width of 40.

Gilles

bancika

Hmm, I just tried it and couldn't replicate bug. Strange...

rockgardenlove

Hehe, uh, while you're at it, a schematics drawer would be nice too  :icon_biggrin:

bancika

That's completely different to do, I'd have to do it from scratch. Besides, there are (free) programs for that, like TinyCad.

Austin73

Your probably getting fed up now but could we have wires added too. So that we can point out where switches and pots would sit on the veroboard.

Cheers

Aus

bancika

I'm not sure if I understand. You can use jumpers to make outside connections. Just click on hole that's on board edge and click anywhere outside board.

Austin73

Cheers Bancika thats all I needed to know . Keep up the good work

Aus

Austin73

Sorry back again. How do you use the jumper vertically off the board ? I can't seem to manage it. Or from the right to off the board (i.e output)

Aus

Austin73

The problem at the output end was I couldn't put anything on column 20! Added an extra column now works fine BUT still can't do the vertical off board wiring. Also it's a pain to delete anything after you have started, only one udo how about multiple or even better a delete component.

Aus