DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bancika

Tnx for image. I'll think about it. I got few minutes to change some stuff now:
- component leads are now dark gray
- fixed problem with rotation (resizing components and bad pads with trimmers)
- I put Pads, Traces, Text, Cut tracks and Jumpers not to auto-expand, do you think some of them should expand?
- default track width is 5px
Tnx again
The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

stm

Wow, that was fast.
I think the items you chose not to auto-expand are just fine.
I'm eager to try these fixes.

Cheers,

STM

bancika

Well, all those stuff I changed took less than an hour to do. I did it when making break from studying :)
It's uploaded on server...

mydementia

bancika

Try to download it again, at 90% of upload my connection broke so you must have downloaded that file before I got to upload it again. It should be ok now

stm

Bancika: you've got PM.

One thing I forgot to mention before is the extraordinary idea of being able to handle PCB, Perf and VERO with the same program, and switch from one to another with the click of your mouse. This is one of the greatest strengths of this SW.

Cheers.

mydementia

bancika

Gilles C

Heu... not to be negative, but it's one of the reasons why I stopped using it a while ago. And at that time, it seemed like I was the only one having this kind of problems.

I downloaded the latest version, just to answer your question. Right-click still doesn't work on my PC.

Sorry.

Gilles

comfortably_numb

I got your program a few weeks ago and used it to create a layout in only about 20 minutes that took about 2 hours to put together with paint using cut and paste.  Thanks a million for all of your hard work.

One question - Have you considered adding a schematic mode to your program?  It would be incredible if it could read the Vero layout and translate directly, though I know that may be asking quite a lot.  I would be happy if it was just something similar to ExpressSCH so that I could use only one program for everything (and yours is sooo user friendly).

Again, thanks for the hard work.

CJD

P.S.  Sorry if that has been addressed before...it's a long thread which I haven't read much of.

lenwood

On the right click problem, if a collapse and expanded part in the explorer and then right click any component i get this:

Access violation at address 004FFB86 in module 'DIYlayout.exe'. Read address 00000000.

other than that great program!

thanks.
Lennie

stumper1

Quote from: lenwood on July 07, 2006, 09:49:08 PM
On the right click problem, if a collapse and expanded part in the explorer and then right click any component i get this:

Access violation at address 004FFB86 in module 'DIYlayout.exe'. Read address 00000000.

other than that great program!

thanks.

Me too :icon_cry:
DericĀ®

bancika

Yeah, STM told me about that bug yesterday. It'll be fixed.

comfortably_numb, I know it would be nice to have it, but it requires lots of work. And time is not something I have these days. I don't have motivation to do something like that because there are (free) programs that do the job pretty well (TyneCAD). It would require starting from scratch because not a single line of code (out of >4000) can be used for that.
As for right click...I don't know what could be the problem. Do you get some kind of error or just nothing hapens? Does right click work in Explorer? What's your screen color depth?
Tnx

RLBJR65

Updated today, right click works for awhile then I get the same message that lenwood posted. Running 1024 X 768 @ 32 bit color. It' funny sometimes it won't work after placing just 1 part, the next time it may work for 20 parts?
I tried placing all parts to see if it was just one of them but there does not seem to be any logical pattern.

On my laptop I updated 7/6 that version is working fine. Same res. and color settings.

Richard
Richard Boop

bancika

Don't worry about that access violation bug, it will be fixed. I hope that's the only reason right click doesn't work. Before I post update, keep category expanded when you want to right click. That should do the trick.
Man, can't wait till I finish with exams. Only 4 days (and 2 exams) left till summer break (which won't last long  :icon_sad:). Hope I'll catch some time to make pots and maybe jacks then.

Bane

RLBJR65

Right click does work if you keep the explorer list expanded.

One other bug I noticed today, when placing SIL IC it tells me "IC you are trying to create is not a standard size, continue?" no matter what size I try. It will not show the IC in the parts list either.

Richard
Richard Boop

bancika

I checked SIL "thing" and I noticed there's a problem with size detection on vertical ICs only. But even then it just warned me and after clicking "Yes" it created component and placed it in explorer. Check if SIL IC category is expanded at all...
Tnx for report,
Bane

RLBJR65

It shows it in the explorer menu but does not put it in the parts list at the bottom. Vertical and horizontal mounting give me the same error.
Richard Boop

bancika

cakeworks

hey mateys, could someone please supply the link to the latest version? I can't seem to find it... :icon_confused:
-Jack

Is that a plastic washing basket?

"Actually a Sterilite-branded storage tub.  Rubbermaid has better mojo, but it cost more" - Phaeton