DIY Layout Creator - software for easy drawing PCB, vero and perfboard layouts

Started by bancika, May 01, 2006, 08:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bancika

The new version of DIY Layout Creator is out, check it out here

scaesic

This program is amazing!!

the only thing it needs is some way of minimising the pcb sizes for optimum layout, but thats just being lazy i guess.

KerryF

Great problem, but theres one problem I am having.  When I make a big layout, it wont let me scroll down to see more than whats on the page.  Is this just me, is there a way to do it, can you make the board smaller, but the same number of holes?  How can I do this please?

darron

Any chance that you might compile your software for the new Intel Macs? :D
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

bancika

call1800ksmyazz, scrolling is not supported yet...I'll try to add it.
darron, it doesn't dewpend on me. Delphi compiler exists only for Win platforms. Your better chance is win emulator. Since both platforms use intel now it's just a matter of time...
Cheers

darron

Quote from: bancika on July 19, 2006, 04:14:56 AM
darron, it doesn't dewpend on me. Delphi compiler exists only for Win platforms. Your better chance is win emulator. Since both platforms use intel now it's just a matter of time...
Cheers

you can get bootcamp from apple that actually lets you run windowx xp sp2 natively. no emulators. i guess i'll install it and give your software a shot! :D

thanks for your response.
Blood, Sweat & Flux. Pedals made with lasers and real wires!

bancika

yeah, that should do the trick. using same processors guaranties compatibility

coreybox

well i feel pretty dumb for asking, but i can't figure some stuff out.

I can't figure out how to use the cut track, solder pads, and trace functions.  They are listed in the explorer, but i can't select to use them from there.  they aren't in the toolbox with the rest of the stuff. 

Also, is there a way to un-select components.  Like, if i click on text is says 'active:text' in the bottom.  If i decide not to add text then, how do i get it to where i can click stuff without having to add text.

thanks
corey

coreybox

nevermind, when i go into PCb mode they all come up!

thanks
corey

coreybox

Does print PnP print the object mirrored?  It isn't working for me, but i think it is my computer.....

Reason asking is render to PnP does not mirror it.

markm

When using this program, you don't need to mirror the PCB print out.
Think about it, you are seeing the traces from above.
when you print onto the PNP, print the image as you see it 'cause after you iron it on,
it will be oriented correctly.

bancika

Yep, orientation is fine.
Printing routine gives me headache. It's very simple and yet doesn't work on some computers.
Unselect tool isn't quite necessary, if you don't want to add text then you must want to add something else, right?
Cheers!

coreybox

Yeah, i guess.... i just naturally tend to try and click on components to select them instead of going over to the explorer, then i end up getting a text bubble. Works great though.

One more problem though, since the printing thing doesn't work i hit 'render PnP' and bring it over to a different computer to print from.  The layout is 13x19 holes but the gif file is like 4.something by 5.something inches big.  Am i doing something wrong?

thanks guys
corey

bancika

yeah, that's one more issue. If you print it with photoshop it will be ok. With othe programs it needs to be resized. It will be changed. I don't have my computer here so can't work on it these days  :icon_neutral:

Samy

Hello Bancika, what do you think about a silkscreen print option ? In my oppinion, that would be cool .

bancika

RLBJR65

Basically it would be a rendered image showing nothing but the components.
Look at this image http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:PCB_Spectrum.jpg
The part #'s C1, R1, or their values are printed on the top of the board. Lots of commercial boards are made that way. Silkscreening is actually the printing method.

Richard Boop

bancika

Samy

In my oppinion, black.
We can print the components on the top of the pcb´s with regular paper printed in a laser printer ... Cheap and nice !  ;)

bancika